Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Getting Cheated On (Chapter 1)

The sun was shining through the windows of the cafeteria as the teenagers rushed in like a rhino stampede for lunch. The girls entered without Andrea and some of them went away to receive school lunch while the others sat down at their usual table. When four of the girls were at the table, the daily conversation had begun.
Lizzie's boyfriend, DeMarcus, later arrived. He hopped into the space on the seat next to Lizzie and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Lizzie grinned at him before they pecked each other on the lips.
"Ooh, girl!" he uttered. "It's like kissing two sprinkles. Just so sweet and perfect."
"Thank you," Lizzie smiled. "It's my new cherry lip balm."
"Ooh, cherry, cherry, cherry. Girl, I could just call you 'Cherry'."
"You know what?" asked Skye. "I'm surprised that you've been sitting at this table for so long and I haven't thrown up once."
"Good for you!" said Lizzie.
"Where's Andrea?" asked Debra.
"I don't know," responded Skye. "But she's coming. Don't fret."
"I'll fret if I want to. But I'm not fretting."
"How fun was spring break?" asked Madeline with a smile.
"So much fun."
"I know. Skye, tell your aunt, Felicia, that we are so thankful for her taking us to her beach house."
"I will," said Skye, "if I feel like talking to her."
"Skye, why are you so mean to your aunt?" questioned Debra.
"I don't want to talk about it."
"We're friends, Skye," reminded Lizzie. "You're gonna have to talk about it."
Skye groaned. "Fine. Well, when I was in middle school, I tried out for the cheerleading squad."
Madeline gasped.
"Shut up. Anyway, my mom wasn't able to pick me up that day so she sent my aunt, Felicia, to give me a ride home. Instead of waiting in the car for me, she came inside my school and watched me audition. After I failed, she decided to audition."
"Shut yo' mouth," Madeline said.
"It's not a lie. And guess what?"
"What?" said Debra.
"She got in."
Madeline laughed.
"Yeah, she was a cheerleader. But for, like, a week because it was obviously illegal for her to be a cheerleader there. But still, it was just not cool."
"So... you're mad at your aunt because she became a cheerleader and you didn't?" asked Debra.
"Oh, no. I immediately stopped caring about those tryouts because I learned that I hate cheerleaders. Except for you, Lizzie. You rock."
"Then why are you mad at Felicia at all?" questioned Madeline.
"Because everyone at that school teased me, claiming that I should've been the aunt and Aunt Felicia should've been a student. They called me, 'Aunt Skye' for at least five months."
"Does your aunt know?"
"Yeah, she knows. I let her know every single day. I call her on the phone and say, 'Still remember?'"
"You're lying."
"Yeah, I know I'm exaggerating a little bit. But she knows! And I can't let it go."
"But you're Skye," reminded Debra. "You don't care about anything. And you care about some cheerleading tryouts?"
"I don't care about the tryouts. I care about the uniform that she wore which the football team got laminated and pasted it on the wall outside of the locker rooms so people can be reminded of the week in which my aunt was a cheerleader, dancing with thirteen-year-old girls, therefore, referring me as Aunt Skye Carter. And it wasn't just that. I was the butt of period jokes for half of those five months. I dreaded the day I had to throw away a tampon and a witness would say, 'Hey, Aunt Skye, you visiting Aunt Flo?'"
"So... that's the only thing you care about?"
Skye paused for a bit. "Yeah," she nodded.
"Nothing else but that?"
"Yeah."
"Well... that's kinda dumb."
"And a bit personal," added DeMarcus, who had a bit of disturbance in his face.
"I know it's dumb and personal," said Skye, "but I can't let it go. So because of it, I hate Aunt Felicia."
"You don't hate Aunt Felicia," said Madeline.
"Fine. I love her and hate her."
"Well, love her or hate her," started Lizzie, "I think Aunt Fee is fun to be around."
"Will you stop calling her, 'Aunt Fee'? That's not her name."
"Well, it's not the name you want to give her," said Madeline.
"If Aunt Fee likes to be called 'Aunt Fee', then I will keep calling her Aunt Fee," clarified Lizzie.
Skye rolled her eyes and sighed.
"Just call her later and tell her that Madeline is thankful for our vacation at her beach house," demanded Madeline.
"It's not even her beach house," corrected Skye. "It was an ex-boyfriend of hers when she was in her twenties... who's dead."
Lizzie gasped. "We vacationed at a dead man's house?"
"Oh, relax. He didn't die there. But yeah, it was his house."
"Well, dead or not, I had fun at that house," Madeline confessed. "Wouldn't you agree, Skye?"
"Yeah, I guess."
"What does Aunt Felicia look like?" asked DeMarcus. "Is she hot?"
"DeMarcus!" Madeline called. "Don't say that in front of your girlfriend."
"Oh, it's okay," said Lizzie. "Aunt Fee is smoking hot. She's in her early thirties but she looks twenty-nine."
"She is pretty attractive."
"Yeah, and Aunt Fee is, like, a heartbreaker. She said that there are five guys waiting in line for her."
"Yeah, at Burger King," muttered Skye, playing with the food on her tray.
"Skye!" Madeline called. "Stop being mean to your aunt."
"What? She does work at Burger King."
"Anyway, Aunt Fee is, like, a MILF."
"But she's not a mom, so more like an 'ILF'."
"Since she's an aunt, the correct term would be 'AILF'," said Debra.
"That's almost, like, hard to say," mentioned Madeline.
"Guys, can you stop talking about my aunt like that?" demanded Skye. "It's grossing me out."
"Uh, you're the one who said she was an ILF," reminded Madeline.
"You got me there. But let's stop talking about my aunt, okay?"
"Okay," agreed Debra. "I enjoyed relaxing on the beach."
"I enjoyed the party on the beach," admitted Lizzie. "Sorry you couldn't be there, baby."
"It's fine," said DeMarcus, shrugging. "But I missed you."
"I missed you, too."
The two pecked each other on the lips again.
Skye looked up to the ceiling and groaned like a zombie. "You two are so gross!"
Madeline started to say, "Remember at the party when Aunt Fee started to--"
Skye cut her off by groaning off again. "I said stop talking about my Aunt Fee!"
"Hey, you just called her Aunt Fee," Lizzie pointed out.
"I did? No! You guys said it so much, I started saying it. Ugh!"
"Why do you keep going, 'Ugh'?" asked Debra.
"I'm so tired," answered Skye before groaning once more.
"Then go to sleep," Madeline said sarcastically. Then she mocked Skye's groan.
Skye groaned again. "Very funny."
DeMarcus got into the fun by groaning like Skye but with a jolly smile.
Suddenly, Andrea entered the cafeteria. But she came in hand-in-hand with a boy. He had dark blonde hair, green eyes and smooth skin. He was actually a familiar boy. The two stood in front of her friends' table, automatically grabbing their attention.
"Hey, guys," Andrea said with a grin. "Guess what? Me and Kevin are back together."
The girls at the table reacted by groaning all at once, but not out of mockery; this time, out of irritation.

No comments:

Post a Comment