Sunday, July 10, 2016

Getting Cheated On (Chapter 5)

"Are you still upset about Kevin?" asked Madeline.
"Yeah, I am," Andrea answered, twirling her spoon endlessly in a cup of strawberry yogurt.
"Maybe you should stop thinking about him."
"It's hard to stop thinking about him when you keep talking about him."
"I'm just doing a job, girl."
"I'm so mad at Kevin for cheating on you," admitted Debra.
"Hey, that's what I get," said Andrea. "I cheated on a cool guy to be with Kevin and now, he cheated on some girl to be with me. I guess what goes around comes back around."
"Hey, don't compare Kevin to Justin Timberlake!" said Lizzie. "Kevin is bad, Justin is good."
Skye made a face of confusion.
"Andrea, don't think of it that way," said Debra. "I mean, sure, you shouldn't have cheated on him in the first place. But you changed and you thought he did, too. You two loved each other but I guess some people don't change."
"It's so crazy," remarked Andrea. "I remember years when I would brag, 'I'm dating Kevin Christie!'. Now there's nothing to brag about. What can I say about that jerk? I'm so glad I dumped him."
"You didn't really dump him," noticed Lizzie. "You just threw his phone at his foot."
"It's the same thing."
"Listen, I'm glad that you and Kevin are done," confessed Skye. "I didn't think he was right for you at all. Now that you see this side of him, you guys can stop fooling around."
"If he wasn't right for me at all, why didn't you stop me?"
"Because he made you happy. How do you tell a friend to stop being happy?"
"Aw, Skye..."
"Don't start."
"Skye's right," agreed Debra. "I never liked Kevin and I like everyone."
"I should've seen the signs," admitted Andrea. "But nope, I was in it too deep."
"Don't blame yourself too much, Andrea," said DeMarcus. "Kevin was a manipulative fool. It's his fault that you loved him. I can never imagine cheating on Lizzie. She has been so good to me and she doesn't deserve such deception. I know that one day someone will care for you like the way I care for Lizzie."
"Aw, DeMarcus. That's so sweet."
"Yeah, it is," Lizzie cooed, gripping onto his arm with both hands.
"Because it's the truth," DeMarcus continued. "I feel like if it wasn't for faith and destination, we would have never met."
"You mean fate and/or destiny," corrected Madeline.
"Oh, yeah, right. But I feel like faith and destination had something to do with it, too. I mean I had faith that I would find somebody special and if my destination wasn't that Fourth of July party, I would have never had the chance to speak to Lizzie. Either way, I found her and I'm the luckiest brother in the world."
"Oh," Lizzie melted. "I love you, my Oreo."
"And you know I love you, too, my Italian wedding cookie."
"Aw," uttered Madeline, "that's the first time you two said, 'I love you' to each other."
"No, we've said, 'I love you' way earlier," Lizzie rectified.
"Oh. Well, why didn't you call me before you said it?"
"Because they didn't need to, third wheel," Skye responded.
"Your aunt is cooler than you."

No comments:

Post a Comment