Sunday, July 10, 2016

Getting Cheated On (Chapter 4)

The day after, Lizzie tried not to tell Andrea about Kevin's unfaithful ways. However, she still stuck with her plan which involved her boyfriend, DeMarcus, and Kevin. Lizzie learned what class Kevin had last so she told DeMarcus to catch him around that room. When school ended, Lizzie found Andrea and begged her to help her find something before dragging her along. Meanwhile, DeMarcus ran all the way to Room 225 and luckily caught Kevin as one of the last people coming out.
"Hey, hey, hey!" DeMarcus called, grabbing Kevin by the arms to grab his attention.
"Oh, hey," Kevin said. "DeMarcus, right?"
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's up, player?"
"Nothing much."
"Hey, you're the one dating that girl, Andrea, right?"
"That is correct."
"Yeah, the thick, Latina one?"
"Yeah, that's her."
"Awesome, awesome. Listen, word on the street..." DeMarcus looked side to side to see if anyone was watching. "... is that you got another chick on the side."
"What? No. No way, man."
"Come on! You can tell me. Man-o to man-o."
"You're dating Lizzie Duvall."
"That's right, dude."
"Did she tell you anything?"
"What? No! That girl don't tell me nothing. But, uh, why would she say something?"
Now Kevin had his foot in his own mouth. "Uh, because--"
"So it is true!"
"Fine! It is. I'm cheating on Andrea. So I guess you think I'm scum now, huh?"
"No way! Not at all, man."
"Really?"
"Yeah. If I can be honest with you, I was thinking about two-timing Lizzie myself."
"You want to cheat on Lizzie Duvall?"
"Of course, man. She's so-- She-- She's so-- I mean she's-- I just don't like her anymore, man. But I don't want to get rid of her since she's so fine and all. Sometimes you need two people to do the same job. You know what I'm sayin'?"
"I guess so."
Around that time, Lizzie arrived by the hall in which Kevin and DeMarcus was situated with Andrea. To prevent Andrea from saying anything, Lizzie covered Andrea's mouth with her hand. "Just listen," she whispered into Andrea's ear before she forced her to watch the two boys quietly.
"So how do you do it?" questioned DeMarcus.
"Do what?" asked Kevin. "Cheat on Andrea?"
Andrea's eyes widened.
"Yeah," said DeMarcus. "How do you cheat on her successfully?"
"Uh, I don't know if I should be telling this," Kevin said unsure.
"Come on, Kev'. Brother to brother. From other mothers. How do you get away with it?"
"You really want to know?"
DeMarcus nodded.
Kevin reached into both of his jeans' front pockets and, at the same time, pulled out two smartphones, one black and the other gray. "I got two phones," he confessed.
"One for the plug and one for the load?"
"I got two phones."
"One for the women and one for the dough?"
Lizzie released her hand from Andrea's mouth to let her do her own thing.
"You got two phones?" Andrea asked angrily.
Kevin looked over to his right to see his "girlfriend" standing from afar. He finally realized that he got set up.
"Andrea," he said as she marched towards him.
"You're seeing someone else?" she asked, this time almost weakly.
Kevin froze. "Yeah. Andrea, I didn't mean to hurt you again. I am so sorry."
"And I'm sorry, too... for this."
Andrea snatched the black cell phone from Kevin's right hand and forcefully threw it down on his right foot. Kevin yelped before holding onto his sneaker-clad foot, hopping like a pogo stick.
Andrea turned around, facing Lizzie who ran up to her.
"I'm sorry, Andrea," she said. "I found out yesterday and I wanted to tell you but Kevin said he wanted to tell you. I got confused so I set up this whole thing which might have been a bad idea. I'm genuinely sorry."
"It's okay, Lizzie," said Andrea. "Just... if something like this happens again, can you tell me yourself next time?"
"Of course, Andrea. It's just hard being a supporter of love."
"I know. I should know. Well, let's go."
Andrea walked away by herself as Lizzie waited up for DeMarcus. He wrapped his arm around Lizzie's neck as she held onto his arm. The couple looked at the jumping Kevin while walking away.
"Shame," uttered DeMarcus. "Shame on you."
"Shame," Lizzie agreed.
"Someone should hit you, baby, one more time."
"That's right."

No comments:

Post a Comment