Sunday, July 10, 2016

Getting Cheated On (Chapter 2)

                "Why are you back with Kevin Christie?" interrogated Madeline.
                "I've told you many times that Kevin is my first love," responded Andrea.
                "Yeah, but that doesn't mean he has to be your last."
                "Well, I'm not like you, with your many boyfriends."
                "Uh, I don't have many boyfriends, thank you very much. I am with Homer and I'm happy with him so I'm gonna be with him forever."
                "Amen, sister!" said Lizzie, raising her sealed cup of soda. "Praise love!"
                "I feel you, Lizzie," agreed Skye, "but Andrea cannot be with Kevin."
                "Oh, why not?" asked Andrea, squinting her eyes at Skye.
                "Well, first of all, you said you were never gonna be with Kevin again."
                "Uh, can a girl change her mind?"
                "Yeah but you lied."
                "The heart wants what the heart wants."
                "Yeah but you still lied."
                "Listen, if Andrea is happier with Kevin, then she should be with Kevin," said Debra.
                Andrea shrugged with a smile.
                "But couldn't you be happier with William Wheatley from your history class?" Skye suggested.
                "William is twenty-four years old," said Andrea.
                "But he's really cute," said Madeline.
                "Guys, I don't want anybody else. I want Kevin. He's the one for me. I know it."
                "Andrea, if you want to be with Kevin, I will support every step of the way," said Lizzie. "And every step on the aisle."
                "You think they're going to get married?" asked Skye.
                "Yes! You, Andy, would look so pretty in a white gown." 
                "Oh, I can't wear too much white," said Andrea. "My tan might get on it."
                "Then don't put on tanner on your wedding day," recommended Madeline.
                "And walk down the aisle pale? Nuh-uh, honey. I don't think so."
                "Can I pick the flowers for your bouquet?" asked Debra.
                "That depends. What flowers do you think I want?"
                "Marigolds."
                "That's correct."
                "Guys, why are we talking about weddings?" questioned Skye. "We haven't even graduated high school yet."
                "You're just jealous because Jeffrey will never propose to you," said Lizzie.
                "I am not jealous! Wait, what makes you think Jeffrey won't propose to me?"
                "Because you haven't told him, 'I love you' yet," answered Madeline.
                Skye scoffed. "So?"
                "You're horrible. Is everybody done?"
                The girls said yes in their own ways.
                "Okay." Madeline got up from her seat. "Boy, I can't wait to burn off these calories at Brick Bodies."
                "Before you that, I need to pee," admitted Lizzie.
                "Alright, you go ahead," Skye allowed, standing up. "We'll wait in the car for you."
                "Okay." Lizzie got up and rushed towards the hall in the back of the restaurant.
                The rest of the girls picked up their trash from the table and threw it away in the same trashcan by the entrance. They left the restaurant to sit in Madeline's car. As they sit and waited for Lizzie, she made it to the hall, led by the other hall, where the door to the boys' bathroom was on one end and the door to the girls' bathroom was on the other end. She looked at one of the doors to see if it had the sign of the human figure with a skirt on it. The door she was looking at did not have the figure on it. She also noticed a couple standing by the door, embracing and necking each other. As a supporter of love, she almost felt glad looking at the lovebirds. When the couple pulled away for air, the girl, who looked like a young Britney Spears, started speaking.
                "Oh, Kevin, I love it when you kiss me like that."
                When Lizzie heard "Kevin", she had to sneak a little peek. She slanted to the right side to get a better look of the guy. The couple's eyes were locked on each other so neither of them noticed Lizzie. She recognized the guy's dirty blond, hazel eyes and perfect smile. That's when she realized that that girl's Kevin was Andrea's Kevin.
                "Then maybe I should kiss you like that again," Kevin said to the girl.
                Lizzie stood up straight and made a face of shock. Kevin leaned into the girl and kissed her passionately again. Lizzie wanted to scream but she didn't want to startle the two. So she kept her scream in and did what she knew best: she ran. She ran out of the bathroom hall into the hallway, then running across the restaurant through the door.
                Since Madeline's car was parked right outside of the restaurant, Lizzie instantly found it, although she was super frantic. She opened the door to the backseats and tried to jump in. Skye and Debra, who were sitting in the back, scooted down to make space for Lizzie who desperately needed it. When Lizzie got in and closed the door, Andrea, who was of course in the front passenger seat, poked her head within the space between her and Madeline's seat to look at Lizzie.
                "I thought you had to pee," Andrea told her.
                "Oh, I did," Lizzie lied, buckling her seat belt.
                "That was fast," noticed Skye.
                "Well, I'm a fast pee-er!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment