Sunday, July 10, 2016

Getting Cheated On (Chapter 3)

The next day, the girls were at school, waiting for the dismissal bell to ring. When it did, every teen in every classroom fled into the halls and prepared for leave. Lizzie patiently walked out of class with a box wrapped in green paper in her hands. She had a smile on her face as her box was intended for a special someone. As she made a turn into a different hall, she almost passed by Kevin Christie, who was standing against the wall, typing on his smartphone. She stopped with wide eyes when she noticed him just standing there. She stepped backwards and stared at Kevin who was oblivious of her. Instead of shouting at him to capture his attention, she slapped her hand on his phone, covering the screen. A bit startled, Kevin looked up to see whose hand it was.
"Hey, Lizzie," he smiled. "What's up?"
"Don't, 'Hey, Lizzie, what's up' me," she said stern or trying to be stern. "I saw you yesterday."
"Saw me do what?"
"You know what. You were kissing that girl who looked like pop sensation Britney Spears. You know, the girl who sings, 'Baby One More Time' and 'Oops... I Did It Again'."
"Yeah, I'm familiar with her songs. Um, what are you talking about?"
"Oh, don't play dumb with me. You were kissing that girl in front of the boys' bathroom at Subway yesterday. You two were blocking the water fountains as well."
"Oh, no. Oh, no!"
"More like, 'Oh, yeah, oh, yeah'."
"Listen, I can explain."
"How? She fell on your lips and she liked it? 'Oh, baby, baby, I love it when you kiss me like that.'"
"Okay, maybe I can't explain."
"Why were you kissing another girl?"
Kevin sighed. "Because... I have another girlfriend."
"You what?!"
Kevin covered Lizzie's mouth with his hand to prevent her from yelling any louder. "Please, I don't want anyone hear." Kevin then flinched and put his hand on his chest. "Ew, you licked my palm."
"You bet I did. Why do you have another girlfriend? That's illegal!"
"No, it's not."
"It's still wrong."
"No, you're right. I've been with Lorna for a while. And for some reason, me and Andrea started connecting again. And idiotically, I let my heart get louder than my head and I confessed to Andrea that I missed her. So we got back together and I almost forgot that I was with someone else. It's dumb, I know."
"I don't get it. Your heart was so loud that you couldn't hear yourself talk?"
"Look, I still love Andrea. But I don't want to break up with Lorna."
"Then you don't really love Andrea." Lizzie set her box on the floor. "Listen, as Andrea's best friend, I have to tell her what you're doing."
"No! Please don't. It will crush Andrea."
"Andrea is my friend. If I have to crush her, I will."
"Look, let me tell Andrea."
"Okay. When are you planning to tell her?"
"Next... year?"
"Kevin!"
"I'm sorry but I can't think of a right time to tell her."
"There is no right time to tell her. But you gotta tell her anyway. She has the right to know."
"Come on, Lizzie. I'm gonna tell her. Just let me do it."
Lizzie twitched her head to move the hair out of her face. "Alright. But just know I will never look at you the same again. Since Lorna looks a lot like Britney Spears, then you're Justin Timberlake. Wait, Justin Timberlake is good. You're Kevin Federline. No, you're Jason Alexander from Seinfeld."
"I don't think it was the same Jason Alexander."
"You think it's appropriate to correct me?"
"Right. See ya."
Kevin sprinted away from Lizzie, disappearing into another hall. As Lizzie picked up her box, her boyfriend, DeMarcus, just exited from a far classroom. Noticing his sweetheart standing in the hall, he decided to sneak up on her.
"Hey, my vanilla milkshake," he greeted.
Lizzie turned around and leapt with a grin. "Hi, my hot cocoa."
DeMarcus pecked his girlfriend on the lips. "What's in the box?"
"Why don't you open it and figure it out?"
"Okay!" He took the box from Lizzie's hands and ripped up the paper. The paper fell to the floor as he opened the box from the top. He gasped once he saw what was inside. "The Eiffel tower?" he said, pulling out a shiny, black, small sculpture.
"No, silly. It's one of those things you put your napkins in at restaurants."
"Even better. I love it!" He squeezed his girlfriend who reciprocated.
"I'm glad you like it. Babe?"
DeMarcus checked out his sculpture from different angles. "Yeah, my precious snow flower?"
"Can you do me a favor?"
DeMarcus stared at Lizzie for a second. "Oh, I see. You're bribing me with lovely gifts so you can force me to do favors for you. Is that it?"
"No, baby. I wasn't going to do that until now. I really need your help."
"Alright. What do you want me to do?"
"It's Kevin."
"You want me to do Kevin?"
"No. I meant that Kevin is cheating on Andrea."
"He's doing somebody else?"
"Apparently. I just spoke to him and said that he wants to tell Andrea that he's cheating on her. But God, the Holy Ghosts and Casper only know when he's going to do that. So I need you to speak to him."
"Now, baby, I can't just go around and beat people up."
"No, I don't want you to hit him. I want to do that. No, I just need you to catch him after school tomorrow and tell him that you want to cheat on me."
"But, babe, I don't want to cheat on you. I love you."
"I know but-- Hang on a seccy. You love me?"
"Yeah."
"I love you, too."
"You do?"
"Yeah!"
"Oh, come here, girl."
DeMarcus held onto Lizzie and lifted her up, peppering her lips with tens of kisses. When he put her down, Lizzie immediately pulled away.
"I'm sorry but we have to focus on Kevin."
"Focus on Kevin."
"Right. So can you do this one little favor for me?"
"Of course, girl. You know I'd do anything for you."
Lizzie grinned. "Thanks, babe. Hit me, baby, one more time."
"Why would I do that?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment