Monday, July 18, 2016

Smile for the Mugshot (Chapter 5)

The silence between Debra and Kyle were killing the both of them. Debra didn't know if she wanted to be with Kyle anymore. And Kyle was mad at Debra for expressing her disappointment in him. But deep down, they still loved each other, despite of their perks. So Kyle was the first one to break the ice. He approached her and said:
"Debra, can I speak to you alone?"
Debra looked left and right before saying, "We're in a locked cell with two other people."
"Okay. Lizzie, can I have your seat so I can speak to Debra?"
"Of course," replied Lizzie. "But I'm not speaking to Donald."
"No one's asking you to."
Lizzie uncrossed her legs and stood up, getting off of the bench. She walked over to an empty corner of the cell, away from Donald, who couldn't stop looking at her. Kyle sat on the spot of the bench where Lizzie sat. He locked his fingers together and slouched over, resting his elbows on top of his thighs.
"I'm sorry that we're in here," he said. "It's my fault that Donald brought drugs in my car. If he didn't do so, we wouldn't be here. But the bag was in my car so I take the blame. However, I don't want you to see me differently because of who I'm friends with. My friends do not define who I am, despite our common interests. I love Donald but I will never be like him. I don't want to be him. He's... whatever he is. But I would never ever do something that would change people's perspectives of me. I know I don't want you thinking that you dated the wrong person. I'm not perfect but I love you and I dreamed of this moment to come. And by 'moment', I don't mean us being in jail." Kyle gently held Debra's hands inside his palms. "I will do anything to regain your trust back. Anything. But if I could prevent this moment right very now, I would if I could."
"And by 'anything', he means sexual favors," Donald blurted out.
"Donald, I will kill you."
"You're sorry?" asked Debra quietly.
"Very deeply sorry."
"Then I forgive you."
Kevin shortly exhaled out of awe. "Are you sure?"
"Of course I'm sure. I love you. I can never hate you."
"So we're still together?"
"Yes."
Kyle cupped Debra's cheeks with his hands. "Oh, Debra. I couldn't be any happier."
Just when he said that, Madeline poked her head through the open door of the office. She knocked on the door to grab the desk lady's attention. When the lady's eyes were on her, Madeline said:
"Hi, I'm Madeline King. I was told to come here for Lizzie and Debra."
"I can," Debra said, responding to Kyle's statement. She threw Kyle's hands off her cheeks and ran over to the steel bars. Lizzie ran next to Debra and they both held on the bars. "Madeline, you're here!"
"Oh, Maddie, Maddie, Maddie!" Lizzie cheered, hopping up and down.
"Hi, guys," Madeline waved, walking closer to the desk. "You look so fierce behind those bars."
"Thanks!"
Madeline faced the woman behind the desk. "So how much is bail?"
"Well, those four are in here for drug possession which is, no matter how you look at it, pretty serious," answered the lady. "And they have claimed to be eighteen years old, which is legal age. So bail is kind of questionable."
"Well, those four go to high school and live with their parents so I wouldn't count them as adults if I were you. But that's fair. I'm just letting you know that I'm loaded with cash and I will wait until twelve to get them out."
"Okay, although there was only one small bag of drugs found in the car, those four have to take sobriety tests before we let them out of the station. If they pass, they still would have to go to court about what happened. After that is a few consequences."
Lizzie made a sad face, commencing to weep. "Why can't I just go home?!"
"You're gonna go home, princess. You'll just have lots of explaining to do with your parents since you still live with them."
"So there's nothing I can do?" questioned Madeline.
"Actually, there is. If they all pass the sobriety tests, they're gonna need a ride home because we have to provoke that Asian's license."
"You know this Asian's got a name," said Kyle.
"Yeah but I don't care to know."
"So they just need to car ride?" Madeline clarified.
"Absolutely, Legally Blonde."
"You don't got to call me names."
"Oh, Madeline, thanks for coming," said Debra.
Madeline walked over to the cell. "Of course, Debs'. However, I got to figure out a way to put the fifty thousand dollars back in my mother's purse."
"Your mother carries fifty thousand dollars in her purse?"
"Of course. She works as a buyer."
"Oh, I can't stay here, Madeline," confessed Lizzie. "This cell is too small. I can't breathe. There's not enough air."
"Lizzie, two of the walls are just aligned bars with two inches of space in between each of them."
"Oh, well, I guess there is air. But still, I don't want to face my parents. Abraham killed his son and my parents are gonna do the same to me once they find out I'm in jail!"
"I'm very sorry, Lizzie. Sometimes we have to learn lessons from mistakes we didn't mean to make. And if I don't get home by twelve, my mom is gonna teach me a huge lesson on my face if I don't return her money."
"Would you rather stay here than tell your parents what happened?" asked Debra to Lizzie.
"Uh, I guess not," answered Lizzie. "I don't want to spend more than a day in jail but I can't spend any more time with Donald in jail."
"Just admit it," said Donald. "You want me."
"I want you to do what?"
"It's so silly; I've always thought it would be Andrea who ends up in jail," shared Madeline. "I can't believe the only way you would've been in jail is Donald 'Dope' Fletcher."
"Donald 'Dope' Fletcher?" Donald repeated. "Is that something people call me at school?"
"Yes."
"I'm actually appalled."
"Why? You do dope, Donald. You can't be appalled by something that is said about you when it's the truth. You don't want to be appalled? Don't do dope."
"We should've called our parents if we knew we were gonna have to face them anyway," said Lizzie.
"Yeah, you should've."
"At least you're driving us home," said Debra. "I can't handle an awkward car ride with my dad although I prefer our car rides completely quiet."
"Madeline is not gonna drive Donald, though," noted Lizzie. She said in singsong, "He's gonna get in so much trouble."
"Hey, it's not the first time," admitted Donald.
"Why do you do this to yourself, Donald?" questioned Madeline. "Why do you always got to be in trouble?"
"Why are there clouds in the sky?" Kyle asked rhetorically.
"Why is Lizzie so hot and gorgeous?" Donald asked, mocking everyone else.
"The answers to all these questions are not the same answer," noticed Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment