Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Ex Games (Chapter 5)

After talking to Terry, Madeline approached Homer, who stood by the railing with Gary. When Gary saw Madeline coming, he walked away towards his friend, Terry. Madeline smiled while Homer was just not happy.
"Hi," she said.
"Hi," he responded.
"Homer--"
"Look, Madeline, if you want to be with Terry, that's fine."
"I don't want to be with--"
"No, it's totally fine. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being so jealous. But I was being so jealous because I like you and I thought you liked me, too. And I don't know, I just feel dumb and confused like Helen Keller or something. But maybe I should stop being so selfish."
"Why should you stop being so selfish?"
"Because I thought you were my girlfriend or something but I honestly have no idea."
"Well, you do have an idea because I am your girlfriend."
"You are?"
"Yeah."
"Since when?"
Madeline looked up quickly and quietly giggled. "Since the third date so you've been my boyfriend for, like, less than three weeks."
"Oh. Oh! Oh, my goodness. What a relief!"
"Now can you relax?"
"Look, I was only behaving the way I did so you could see I was a potential boyfriend. That was an obvious waste of time."
"Not really. I love it when a man vies for attention from me." Madeline put her hands on Homer's chest and began to play with the collar of his light blue button-up.
"Do you really?"
"Mm-hmm." She nodded.
"You're such a woman."
"Tell me something I don't know."
"So I didn't embarrass myself?"
"Uh, you kinda did. But it's alright. It was cute."
"Madeline, I never thought I would say this but let's take a selfie."
"Okay!"
Madeline started to grab her cell phone from her pocket but Homer stopped her.
"Let's take one with my phone," he said.
"Oh, that's fine, too." Madeline slid the phone back in her pocket.
Homer took out his black cell phone from his jeans' pocket and swiped the screen after turning it on. He set his phone to the camera and held his phone up in front of him and Madeline so they could see themselves in the screen.
"I can't believe I'm gonna be on your phone," said Madeline. "This is so exciting."
The two smiled as Homer snapped a picture. Madeline seized his phone and began to get a closer look at the picture.
"I look so good," she complimented herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment