Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Grandma Got Ran Over By a Hyundai (Chapter 3)

After finding Lizzie's grandmother, Esth, unresponsive in the garage, Lizzie's father called 911 so someone could pick up Esth. A few minutes later, an ambulance came to the house and the doctors put Esth's body on a gurney before pushing her into the truck. After the ambulance drove away, Lizzie's parents put her baby son in a carriage and everyone got in their car and drove to the hospital where Esth would be treated. The family were told to stay put in the waiting room until they hear some news. Lizzie's parents sat together with angry looks on their face. Next to them was Lizzie's brother, Dallas, and Lizzie so the baby separated the parents from their daughter.
Lizzie leaned forward. "Are you guys mad at me?"
"You ran over your grandmother!" Her mom spat.
"It was an accident!"
"How was it an accident?"
"I didn't look in my mirrors."
"Why?"
"I really wanted to go to the car wash."
"You would think that if a person gets their driver's license, it means that they can drive."
"I'm sorry."
"Sorry doesn't wake up my mom."
"I'm sorry with a cherry on top?"
"Just stop."
"Now, honey, don't be so hard on Lizzie," said the father. "She was nice enough to buy you those honeymoon shoes."
"That's not what those shoes are for," Lizzie reminded. "Can I invite my friends here so I can have someone to talk to?"
"Whatever, Lizzie," responded her mom.
Lizzie took out her cell phone. "Don't frowny-face at me. It was Grandma Esth who decided to walk in front of the back of your car."
As Lizzie dialed a number into her phone, her mom slowly put out her hands to simulate that she was going to choke her. Her husband clasped onto her wrists and pushed her arms down.

No comments:

Post a Comment