Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Ex Games (Chapter 3)

Madeline and Homer walked through the boardwalk, passing people playing games while they looked for a game to play together. They almost passed by Terry, who was his big-armed friend, Gary, someone Madeline also met at Fake Cabo, who happened to be competing in a game of Water Gun. The two, with their own guns, shot at their small targets which were right next to each other. Both of the balloons behind the targets filled up but Terry's balloon was bigger than Gary's. Madeline stopped, making Homer stop, when she saw Terry beating his friend. Eventually, Terry's balloon popped, making him the winner.
Terry pumped his arm in the air. "Yeah! You owe me a soda, man!"
Madeline applauded Terry, causing a perplexed look to appear on Homer's face.
Terry and Gary turned around and gazed upon the smiling blonde.
"Oh, hey, Madeline," greeted Gary, flashing a smile that could win any prize. "I haven't seen you in a year."
"Hey, Gary," responded Madeline. "I can't believe you still remember me."
"Yeah, since Terry never stops talking about you."
Terry nudged his friend in the arm. "I do not talk about you, Madeline," he chuckled.
"Yeah, I'm exaggerating a little bit. He only talks about you, like, once a week."
"Who's Gary, Madeline?" asked Homer.
"Why are you asking so many questions?" Madeline made a face.
"I'm just asking. You didn't happen to make out with him, too, right?"
        Madeline looked at Homer and scrunched her eyebrows.
"No way, man," said Gary. "When I met Madeline, I was with Keeley. I'm still with Keeley."
"Aw," uttered Madeline. "How is Keeley?"
"Oh, she's great. We're great. I never get tired of her. We even gone past second base."
"I didn't need to know all that, Gary."
"What shall be your prize, sir?" the older man behind the counter asked Terry while leaning against it.
Terry scanned the various prizes hung beside the counter. "Hmm... I'll take the teddy bear so I can give it to a special lady named Madeline."
The man walked over to the prizes and unhooked one of the big, white teddy bears. He handed it to Terry who handed it to Madeline. Homer was not pleased.
"Aw, thank you, Terry," Madeline smiled, embracing her new toy.
"Uh-uh," uttered Homer. "You are not giving Madeline that big, freakin' teddy bear."
"But I just did," said Terry. "Besides, she's my friend and it's my prize. I'm just being nice."
"I could give her a prize, too. You don't think I can't? That's it. You, me, Water Gun, right now."
Gary got up and stepped back, thinking about how crazy Homer looks. Homer sat in the seat where Gary sat and put his hands on the gun. The man replaced the balloons from the gentlemen's targets which took a minute.
"Homer, what are you doing?" asked Madeline.
"Relax, Madeline," he commanded. "I'm trying to get you a stuffed monkey."
"On your mark, get set, go," instructed the man after moving out of the way.
Terry and Homer squirted their water guns at the targets, slowly filling up the balloons. Gary cheered his friend on while Madeline just stared. It took a few minutes until Terry's balloon popped, defeating Homer. Homer almost cursed while Terry pumped in his arm in the chair, spinning his seat around.
"Alright," said Homer, standing up. "Ring toss, right now!"
He ran through the boardwalk to the Ring Toss game which was only yards away. Terry followed him while Madeline and Gary just stood there watching them.
"What is that dude's name?" asked Gary.
"Homer," answered Madeline.
"Like Homer Simpson?"
"Shut it, Gary."

No comments:

Post a Comment