Thursday, March 10, 2016

Grandma Got Ran Over By a Hyundai (Chapter 4)

After a while, the girls arrived at the hospital, separately but quickly after one another, in support of Lizzie just like the time when Lizzie's mother was having a baby. The girls were crowding her when she stood up to greet them.
"Oh, Lizzie, how are you feeling?" asked Madeline.
"Are you alright?" Andrea asked after.
"I'm fine," responded Lizzie. "I'm just... freaking out."
"You weren't clear on what happened," mentioned Skye. "Like, what exactly happened?"
"Well, I got into my parents' car so I could take it to the wash. I was excited because I wanted to be inside the car while it's getting washed. And when I backed up, I felt a bump! So when I got out of the car, I saw my grandma lying on the floor."
The girls glanced at each other for a moment.
"So wait," said Skye. "So you're telling us that you ran over your grandmother?"
"Yes," answered Lizzie. "Well, no. But yes."
"Liz', this doesn't have anything to do with... you know, right?" said Madeline.
"What? No! I would never run over my grandmother on purpose."
"Are you sure?" asked Andrea. "I heard you were hating."
"I'm positive. I would never do such a thing."
"Lizzie, you can't run over your grandmother," said Debra. "That's like shooting your dog when it's not even that old yet."
"Why are you guys making me seem like some killer?"
"Because you are!" barked Lizzie's mom.
Lizzie's dad held onto his wife, trying to simmer her down.
"Thanks, mom," Lizzie said sarcastically. "Appreciate it."
"I can't believe you ran over your grandma," said Andrea. "That's so petty."
"I didn't do it on purpose."
"It doesn't matter. It's still trifling."
"You guys are making me feel bad. I thought you were here to support me."
"Yeah, you guys," started Madeline. She walked over to Lizzie and put her arm around her. "We're supposed to make her feel better. Lizzie didn't mean to hurt her grandma and possibly kill her. Lizzie is just a bad driver."
"Now that I can believe," said Skye.
"I believe that," Debra nodded.
"You guys, I am not a bad driver," said Lizzie.
"So you're just a grandma killer?" questioned Andrea.
Lizzie paused. "I mean I am a bad driver."

No comments:

Post a Comment