Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Ex Games (Chapter 1)

It was an easy, breezy afternoon and the girls were already settled in the cafeteria in time for lunch. Everyone was in a good mood, especially Madeline. While the girls were eating, Madeline decided to show them pictures from her cell phone. She went through every picture by swiping the screen and told her friends what was each picture of.
"That's me and Homer at Starbucks. That's me and Homer at Cool Beans. That's me and Homer at Subway. I'm going on the Subway diet of course. That's me and Homer at the movies. We sat in the back so it was okay. That's me and Homer at his house. That's me and Homer at my house. That's me and Homer making funny faces. That's me and Homer wearing funky sunglasses."
"Man, you and Homer took a lot of corny pics together," noticed Skye.
"Yeah, I can't resist. He's so cute. And I'm so cute. We're cute together."
"Is Homer your boyfriend?" asked Lizzie.
"Yep but he doesn't know. So, shh, don't tell him."
"Ooh, you're sneaky."
"'Sneaky' is my middle name."
"I thought your middle name was Louise."
"Figure of speech, Liz'."
"When will he know that he's your boyfriend?" questioned Debra.
"When he introduces me to his friends. But if he doesn't call me his girlfriend in front of them, I'll tell them myself. Think I won't? Because I will."
"You like him so much, you wanna ruin his life?" Andrea queried.
"Uh, I'm too bomb to ruin his life. Wait, let me rephrase that. A girl like me can't ruin his life; I make it better."
"I assume you're busy with Homer Simpson this weekend," shared Skye.
"Why are you calling him that?"
"Because that's his name. I'll say it to his face, too."
"Well, you're right. I am going to be busy with Homer this weekend. He's taking me to the boardwalk which I think is so romantic because we met at a fair."
"Another location to take pictures in," said Andrea.
"I know, right? I think I should make a scrapbook."
"You known him for weeks."
"But I got a bunch of pictures! It's gonna happen."
"Ooh, we should have a scrapbook," Lizzie suggested.
"Yeah," Debra smiled.
"We may have a bunch of pictures but it ain't gonna happen," said Skye.
        "Come on," said Lizzie. "We can use stickers."
        "That doesn't convince me."

No comments:

Post a Comment