Sunday, June 8, 2014

Number Six (Chapter 3)

After the girls left school and done all of their homework, they all met up at the Laguna mall. As Lizzie and Giselle had a wonderful time shopping, the other girls felt uncomfortable throughout the whole day at the mall. They felt bad that they have learned that they don't want to spend time with Giselle but she and Lizzie had so much fun that they basically ignored the other girls. So after that day, all of the girls, except Lizzie and Giselle, discussed their feelings. They have decided to tell Lizzie how they feel about their new "friendship" with Giselle. It only took two days for the girls to have a talk with Lizzie. They felt that the time was right when school was ending and Lizzie was by her locker, nowhere near Giselle. They approached her as she placed her books into her backpack.
"Hey, girls," greeted Lizzie, zipping her glossy red backpack closed. "What's new?"
"Lizzie, we need to talk," said Madeline.
"I have a mustache?"
"What?"
"I have a mustache, do I? I knew it; I told my mom it was more than peach fuzz."
"It's not about your mustache... which you don't have."
"Is it something bad?"
"No, not really."
"Actually, it's really bad," Skye jumped in.
"Thanks, Skye. You're making it so much better," Madeline said sarcastically. "It's about Giselle."
"Isn't she great?" smiled Lizzie.
"Yeah, she's a unicorn ball of sunshine. But that's not why we're here."
"Then why are you here?"
Madeline took a deep breath. "We think Giselle is an amazing girl."
"You didn't think she was that amazing when she 'took' your best friend," said Andrea softly.
"Shush!" Madeline quickly turned her head. She turned it back around to face Lizzie. "We like Giselle; she's sweet and everything. But we don't want to hang out with her."
"What?" Lizzie replied with her eyes squinting.
"I mean, we do want to hang out with her. But not everyday. Do you get what I'm saying?"
"No."
"Okay, how can I rephrase this? We don't want another best friend."
"What are you talking about?"
"Well, you see, there are five of us. And five is a lot. It's like the Bratz where there are four of them. No, there are five of us. And having six of us as best friends, that is impossible. Five is a lot, meaning six is too many. And before we know it, we're splitting into two separate groups of three. It could be worse: three groups of two. And we found each other in ten years, a long time. So we can't just get separated after everything. Do you get it now?"
"No."
"Okay, Lizzie, what do you get?"
"I get that you girls are being selfish."
"We're all being selfish or is it just Maddie being selfish?" asked Debra.
"You're all being selfish. Giselle was looking forward to making new friends and you all just want to dump her like a diaper."
"Not a smelly diaper," said Andrea.
"Girls, we're best friends. Does six really make a difference?"
"Yes," answered Madeline. "Six people can't all be best friends. It is so many people that we won't be as close anymore."
"But me and Giselle are so close. I can't just leave her behind; her only friends are us. But I guess her only friend is me."
"We're not trying to be mean."
"That's because you are all naturally mean."
"Lizzie--"
"We're friends and friends don't leave friends behind. I like Giselle and I'm not going to stop being friends with her to make things easier for you four."
"No, you don't have to stop talking to her. We just don't need an extra best friend."
"Well, maybe I do! Maybe I need an extra best friend because my real best friends are being the Wicked Witches of West Virginia."
"West Virginia?" Skye mouthed to herself in confusion.
"You girls are supposed to be open. You're supposed to be the nicest girls I've ever met. You're being selfish. All just because 'six is too many'?"
"Lizzie, please don't get mad," said Madeline.
"Well, too late. I'm already mad! I'm infuriated, angered, 'vest'!"
"Do you mean 'vexed'?"  
"That, too! You know what? Maybe you guys aren't the girls I thought I was friends with. You know something else? I'm going to call Giselle later and try to hang out with her. You know why? Because she is ten times more nicer than any of you!"
Lizzie picked up her backpack and threw it over her shoulder, getting one of her arms into the straps.
"Come on, that can't be true," said Andrea.
"Speak for yourself, underwear girl."
"You know that you could've gotten me a better gift!"
"Whatever," Lizzie said, putting her other arm in the second strap. "I'm leaving."
"Please, Lizzie, let's just talk about this," Madeline closed her eyes.
"There's nothing else to talk about, Madame."
She held onto her straps and walked away deep into the hall.
Madeline sighed and relaxed her shoulders.
"That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," Debra admitted.
Madeline groaned. "We're jerks."
"We're not jerks," said Skye. "You're a jerk."
"Yeah, I would've told Lizzie in a much more nicer way than you did," said Andrea.
"Like you know how to break things down more gently," Madeline rolled her eyes.
"I can break your face more gently if you don't stop rolling your eyes."
"Lizzie's right," said Debra. "We're not so nice after all."
"I'm actually proud of that," Skye confessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment