Monday, June 16, 2014

Live From Coachella... (Chapter 1)

"Where's the meat?" asked Lizzie, pointing at the sandwich in Madeline's hands.
"What do you mean?" Madeline questioned.
"I see no meat in your sandwich."
"Well, there's meat."
"It look like it's all lettuce," remarked Andrea.
"Well, it's not all lettuce."
"So what is on your sandwich?" asked Debra.
"The usual: tomato, ham, turkey--"
"Then where is it?" asked Lizzie.
Madeline took off the slice of bread from the top of the sandwich to expose the ingredients of it. "It's right here!"
"Ha, I love messing with Madeline."
"Why is the turkey and ham so balled up in the sandwich?" asked Andrea.
"I rushed making it," answered Madeline.
"She was trying to make a salad sandwich," Lizzie joked.
The girls giggled.
"Very funny," smiled Madeline.
"So what are any of you girls going to do this weekend?" asked Skye.
"I was thinking about getting a manicure," said Madeline, "but there's this unopened nail polish in my room that's calling my name."
"How can nail polish call your name?" asked Lizzie.
Madeline's smile turned stiff.
"I don't think any of us have plans," said Debra. "Why'd you ask?"
"I'm going to Coachella with my aunt Felicia over the weekend," said Skye, "and I was thinking if any of you wanted to go."
"Coachella?" Debra inquired. "I've always wanted to go. But I got to ask my parents."
"I don't need to ask my parents to go to the biggest festival of all," said Lizzie. "You can count me in!"
"Madeline, Andrea..." Skye waited for answers.
"Isn't Coachella that festival where a lot of bands play rock music?" asked Madeline.
"Of course."
"I don't listen to rock."
"Me, too," said Andrea. "I'm Latina so you know what kind of music I listen to."
"Of course, Latin pop," said Skye.
"Latin pop? I listen to hip hop. 'I like it when you call me Big Poppa!'"
"Well, I guess that's cool. I didn't expect all of you to come with me anyway."
"Where is Coachella anyway?" asked Lizzie.
"In Indio."
"Ew, far. How are we going to get there?"
"My aunt Felicia will be driving. She has a van so there's enough space for three people in the back."
"Ooh, free ride."
"Who will be performing at the festival?" asked Debra.
"So far, who's going to be performing, I've heard CHVRCHES, Foster the People, Bastille, Haim, and the 1975. Oh, there will be hip hop performers at Coachella, Andrea."
"I still don't want to go," said Andrea.
"Okay."
"Okay, I have to beg to my parents for me to go," said Debra.
"You should; it's going to be a lot of fun."
"I wish I listened to rock so I could go," said Madeline. "I want to see the celebrities."
"You don't know those celebrities."
"They're still celebrities."
"And since it's Coachella, we have to dressed laid-back so no tight, knee boots."
"Aw," Lizzie uttered. "I wanted to wear my tight, knee boots."
"Which ones?" asked Madeline.
"The black ones."
"Yeah, don't wear those," said Skye. "We're going to be walking a lot so wear sandals or something."
"Hey, I can walk a straight hour in heels; I think I won't need sandals."
"Have you really walked a straight hour in heels?" asked Debra.
Lizzie hesitated. "No, but a girl can try."
"No, a girl can't," said Madeline.
"Wear sandals or your feet will bleed," said Skye.
"My feet bled once," started Andrea. "I stepped on a bunch of thumb tacks."
"How did you step on a bunch of thumb tacks?" asked Madeline.
"That is a question that is not meant to be answered."
"But-- But it has an answer."
"Maddie, Andy, are you guys sure you don't want to come with me to Coachella?"
"Yeah, I'm sure," replied Andrea.
"Me, too," Madeline agreed. "Hey, Andrea, do you want to hang out with me during the weekend?"
"Sure, Mads'. What do you want to do?"
"You can come over to my house."
"Awesome."
"Too bad you girls will be missing out on Coachella-awesomeness with me, Liz', and Debbie," said Skye.
"Yeah, it's not that bad."
"Can thumb tacks go through sandals?" Lizzie asked out of the blue.
"That's a question that is not meant to be answered either," joked Skye.
The girls giggled, leaving Lizzie confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment