Monday, June 23, 2014

Live From Coachella... (Chapter 5)

Later the day the girls arrived to Coachella, Debra spent all night talking to her new friend, Morgan until sleep caught up to them. The next morning, the girls packed their bags up for home since that day was a school day. Before leaving and going back to Laguna Beach, Debra received a phone number from Morgan. Skye could relate to Debra as she received a number from Morgan's friend, Leo. The day after, the girls were ready for school and were ready to discuss their fun time at the festival with absentees, Madeline and Andrea. However, they were able to discuss every detail during their lunch period. As an unusual moment, Lizzie, Skye and Debra gawked at Andrea and Madeline, trying to listen to music on a MP3 player, which they listened to by each wearing an earphone attached to the player.
"So..." Lizzie said, trying to break the awkwardness, "you got that boy's number, Debra?"
"Yep, I did," answered Debra. "He was so sweet. And so cool. I want to call him today."
"Whoa, you can't call a boy a day after seeing him," said Skye.
"Why not?"
"It reads 'desperate'. You got to wait a few days. Maybe a week."
"So he can see how laidback you are," Lizzie jumped in.
"Yeah, then he's going to be calling you like he needs you."
"Wow, so much I've never learn," said Debra. "Are four days okay?"
"Four days are A-Okay."
"So when are you going to call Leo?"
"Maybe four days, also. Or three. Or today."
"What?"
"I really like him. What if he doesn't answer my call in four days?"
"Well, he's not going to answer your call today if you're crazy," said Lizzie.
Skye tilted her head. "I'm not crazy. I'm just crazy for him!"
"Oh, little Skye," said Debra, "you're overreacting."
"You need to underreact," said Lizzie.
"You're right," agreed Skye. "It's just that Leo was so cool. I had a connection with him that I had with no one else."
"Well, what if Leo was a cat murderer?"
Skye stopped to think. "You're right; I'm overreacting."
Lizzie and Debra nodded.
Lizzie then turned her attention to Madeline, who was still listening to music. "Madeline? Maddie?"
"Candy Andy?" Skye said, taking out Andrea's earphone.
Andrea grabbed the earphone. "No, don't!" she panicked.
"Don't need to holler."
"What are you guys listening to?" asked Debra.
"Fall Out Boy," answered Madeline.
"I thought you guys said that you didn't like rock," reminded Skye.
"Well, we lied," said Andrea.
"Over the weekend, we listened to songs," started Madeline, "by Queen and Cobra Starship and Rob Zhombie."
"We went to your house to listen to them."
"My house?" Skye squinted her eyes.
"Yeah, your room is full of CDs. We actually get it now."
"Get what?"
"The meaning of listening to rock," said Madeline. "Every song has a message. Every song is a poem."
"Rock rocks," Andrea giggled, making Madeline giggle.
"Are electronics allowed in the cafeteria?" asked Lizzie.
"We don't know. But we need to get every last drop of rock as we can."
"I feel like I breathe in it now," Madeline confessed.
"You guys are acting weird," Debra commented.
"We don't care. If you're going to Coachella next year, Skye, we are in."
"In like a spin," said Andrea.
"But if you're going to a Marilyn Manson concert at a certain time, count us in."
"He makes me hallucinate."
"Well, that's interesting," said Skye. "At least you guys like rock now."
"You're just weird about it," Lizzie commented. "It's okay to hallucinate?"
"No," answered Madeline. "But for now on, we're going to express our love for such a genre of music."
"That's good to hear," said Debra. "Now can we talk about our time in Coachella?"
"Sure."
"Did you girls meet any guys?" asked Andrea.
"Yeah," replied Debra, "me and Skye did."
"And you didn't, Lizzie?"
"Hey, what's done is done," Lizzie responded.
"I want to call Leo," said Skye. "I want to call Leo so bad."
"Gee, Skye, you're acting like a girly-girl," said Madeline.
"No, I'm not. I'm just acting psycho."
"Which makes more sense."
"But you don't get it. He's in a band just like me and he worships Bono just like me and he wants to marry Jack White just like me."
"Are you sure he's straight?" asked Andrea.
"Yeah, he's straight. He's just so cool."
"Reminder: cat murderer," reminded Lizzie.
"But cool can mean anything."
"Overall: Coachella was the best," Debra confessed. "If Coachella went on every day for a whole year, I would definitely stay there for that whole year."
"You can't eat snow cones forever," said Skye.
All of the girls laughed.
"Oh!" Madeline uttered. "Andrea, you got to hear this song," she said, feeling the earphone in her ear.
Andrea picked up the other earphone and placed it in her ear. "Oh, is this by Boys Like Girls?"
"It sure is!"
"Yes!"
"Yeah, you guys are still weird," said Lizzie after pausing.
"You guys didn't scratch my CDs, right?" questioned Skye.

No comments:

Post a Comment