Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Live From Coachella... (Chapter 2)

When the weekend came, Lizzie and Debra met Skye at her house before preparing themselves for the Coachella festival. Once they got their things together, the girls hopped into the van that Skye's aunt, Felicia, was driving. She drove for at most two hours to Indio, California while the girls had their every-day conversation.
"Do you girls want to sing a song?" recommended Lizzie.
"Why would we want to do that?" asked Skye.
"It's been a long drive. And it could take forever to get there starting now. So we can sing a song to make the time go by."
"That's okay, Lizzie."
"You don't want to sing a song, Debra?"
"I'd love to but I rather not," replied Debra.
"I'll sing with you," insisted Felicia.
"Aunt Fee, you're not in this conversation," Skye reminded.
Felicia frowned.
"Come on, girls," said Lizzie. "What about 'Camptown Races'?"
"You know the words to that song?" asked Debra.
"No, but I was hoping you guys would know the words."
"No, thanks, Doll," said Skye.
"I know the words," Felicia admitted.
"Aunt Fee!"
"Right."
"Girls, Indio is five-hundred hours away," complained Lizzie. "Why can't we sing?"
"Because I'd rather die," Skye responded.
"But you love to sing."
"Not 'Camptown Races'."
"And Indio is two hours away from where we live," said Debra, "so we have five minutes left to get there."
"And until we get there, there will be no singing. Let's talk about normal stuff."
"Okay," Lizzie agreed.
"You want to talk about boys?" asked Felicia.
"Fee!" Skye's voice started to get deeper.

About five minutes after, Felicia stopped her car in an empty parking space near a big festival setting, known as the Coachella Valley Music and Arts festival. The girls opened the doors and hopped out of the van, gazing upon the festival filled with wandering people and eye-catching decorations.
"Lizzie, I forgot to tell you: I love your outfit," said Felicia, closing her door to the van.
"Thanks, Miss Hayden," Lizzie replied, putting on her black sunglasses.
"Yeah, you didn't wear your hooker boots," said Skye.
"Hooker boots?"
"That's what they looked like."
"W-- You know what? They did. They did look like that."
"Wow, this place looks cool," said Debra.    
"I know," said Skye. "I hope it's more fun than it looks."
Felicia lifted up the trunk door of the van. "I can't wait to have some fun. I love music and art!"
"Miss Hayden, you like rock music?" questioned Lizzie.
"For sure!"
"Did she say 'for sure' or 'fo' sure'?" Debra asked in a whisper to Skye.
"I heard Foster the People would be performing and let me tell you: I love Foster the People."
"Really?" Lizzie inquired.
"Yeah, 'Pumped Up Kicks' is my jam. Plus I love Muse and Lana Del Rey. And Nas is my boyfriend!"
"Shut up! In real life?"
"No, silly. Music is my passion."
"I see where you get your passion for music from, Skye," said Debra.
"I didn't get it from my aunt Felicia," Skye responded. "I got it from Marilyn Manson."
"Isn't Marilyn Manson the woman with the white dress and likes to stand over fans?" asked Lizzie.
"That's Marilyn Monroe."
"Got it. How old are you, Miss Hayden?"
"I am thirty years old," answered Felicia.
"Too old to be listening to Foster the People," Skye commented.
Felicia looked up to the sky and put her hands on her hips.
"Your aunt is not old," defended Lizzie. "I'm looking forward to being thirty one day."
"Becoming an age isn't a goal," said Skye.
"Well, when I'm thirty, I'll be happy."
"That's a good way to look at it," said Felicia. "That's why I'm a cool aunt. So for now on, you girls can call me Felicia or Fee since I find it hipper."
"That's groovy."
"Don't say groovy," Skye closed her eyes.
"She can say 'groovy' if she wants to," said Felicia. "Now help me get the suitcases with our tents in it out of the van."
Skye walked over to the trunk and pulled out a red suitcase as Felicia pulled out a similar red suitcase out from beside it.
"You girls got your tickets?" asked Felicia.
The girls pulled out their tickets and agreed.
"Alright, let's go," she said, pushing down the trunk door and locking the doors to the van with her keys.
The girls cheered.
"Let's boogie-oogie," said Lizzie.
"Wrong context," Skye commented.

No comments:

Post a Comment