Saturday, June 21, 2014

Live From Coachella... (Chapter 4)

Within that day, Skye, her aunt and her friends were already deep into the festival of Coachella, enjoying musical performances and eating snow cones. They wandered around and mostly spent their time together. By the looks on their faces, they were all having a good time.
While walking and fixing her shawl, Debra bumped into a teenage boy with long, brown hair and a red guitar, making a bit of her snow cone drip on her arm.
"Oh, I'm sorry," said the boy.
"Oh, it's okay," responded Debra. "I should've kept my head up." She licked the wet ice off of her arm.
The boy chuckled. "I'm Morgan," he threw his hand out.
Debra shook it. "I'm Debra. You can call me Debbie for short."
The boy chuckled again.
"Why do you have a guitar with you?"
"Oh, I'm in a band."
"Get out! Which band?"
"Oh, it's a band that you probably never heard of."
"Is it a famous band?"
"No, but we're getting there. It's called Winter Fire; we got a gig to perform a little bit here."
"Oh, that's so cool! Plus, I dig that name."
"Thanks. My buddy, Leo, came up with it."
"When are you going to perform? Or did you already perform?"
"Oh, we're going to. After Chromeo."
"Coolio."
"Chromeo, not Coolio."
"Oh, no. I meant 'coolio' as in 'cool'."
"Oh, sorry. I have trouble hearing sometimes."
"Well, when you're in a rock band, someone's managed to get their ears blown off."
Morgan chuckled. "Yeah. Hey, what are you doing later?"
"Well, basically the same thing--"
"No, I mean are you going to go to sleep when night comes?"
"Oh, I might if I'm really tired. Why?"
"I was thinking maybe later--"
Suddenly, Skye comes up to Debra.
"Debra, can you tell my aunt to stop showing Lizzie her tattoo?" she asked.
"Why can't you tell her?" asked Debra. "She's your aunt."
"But I think it would be better if there's a second opinion."
"Before I end up seeing Fee's tattoo--"
"Don't call her Fee."
"Before I end up seeing your aunt Felicia's tattoo, I would like to introduce you to Morgan."
Morgan waved. "Hi, how are you?"
"I've been better," answered Skye.
"This is my friend, Skye," said Debra.
Instantly, a boy with full, red hair and black earrings, holding a blue guitar, rushed up to Morgan.
"Hey, Morgan, did you get the water yet?" he asked.
"No, I was just about to get it," said Morgan. "Leo, this is my new friend, Debra, and her friend, Skye," he introduced the girls.
"Hi, how's it going?" Leo asked.
"I am way much better," responded Skye, grinning.
"Hey, Skye's a cool name."
"Thanks, my parents gave it to me."
Leo chuckled.
"So you're in a band with Morgan?" asked Debra.
"Yep," Leo answered. "Ever since we were twelve."
"That's cool. Skye is in a band, also."
"Really?"
"Yes, I am," said Skye.
"Hey, wanna talk?"
"Yes, I do."
"Morgan, I'm going to get the water, alright?"
"Sure, dude," Morgan responded.
Leo walked off with Skye to his destination while creating a conversation.
"They look like a happy couple," Morgan commented.
"Agreed," said Debra. "So you were saying?"
"Saying what?"
"The thing you were going to say when my friend came over to me."
"Oh, yeah, that thing. I was wondering if you want to chat later and stay up all night to that."
"Oh, I would love to."
"Awesome. Well, I'm going to go check with my friends, Brady and Dick, who are also in the band."
"Okay, tell them I said good luck."
"I will. Thank you. Debra."
"Morgan."
He chuckled. "Okay, see you later. Just come find me."
"Okay. See ya."
Morgan smiled to himself as he turned around and walked away.
Debra smiled to herself, also. Then she turned her head to look for Felicia.
"Fee, what kind of tattoo is that?" she shouted, walking towards her.

No comments:

Post a Comment