Thursday, June 19, 2014

Live From Coachella... (Chapter 3)

During that day, Madeline invited Andrea over her house just like she planned at school days ago. She came over at two O'clock in the afternoon with Madeline answering the door. Then afterwards, they spent most of their quality time in Madeline's bedroom.
"We should've went to Coachella," said Andrea, looking into a small mirror in her hand.
"Why?" Madeline responded, dusting her white desk with a feather duster.
"Most of our gang went. So we should've went."
"But we don't rock music. Just because we're best friends doesn't mean we have to go everywhere together."
"Right, right."
"Unless Skye's band had a gig at Coachella. Then I would go."
"Same here."
"Yeah because we would be supporting her. Plus, I do like her music."
"Me, too."
"A New Yesterday's music since it's a band and not her."
"Yeah."
"But otherwise, I wouldn't go."
"Yeah. Why are you using a feather duster?"
"It helps get the dust off of stuff."
"But who uses a feather duster anymore?"
"A bunch of people."
"Like who?"
"My parents."
"Oh, so I'm assuming that that's your parents' feather duster."
"Of course. It's not like I asked for a feather duster for Christmas."
"That sounds like something you would do."
"But I didn't! Andrea. So I am using it to clean my desk and my desk is dusty."
"What is on your desk right there?" Andrea pointed.
"Right where?"
"Right in front of your feather duster."
Madeline picked up the object, which was a CD case. "Oh, it's a Queen CD."
"Oh."
"Yeah, my parents love this band. They listen to it almost every day."
"Why do you have it?"
"I actually kind of like some of their songs. I mean, I'm not obsessed with them like my parents are. But yeah, I would say I'm a fan."
"You listened to the whole CD?"
"Not really. Only two songs. 'Sweet Lady' and 'You're My Best Friend'. Don't know where I heard them from but they're cool."
"Can I have a listen?"
"Sure, Andy."
Madeline opened the CD player on her desk. She opened the case and popped out the CD. She placed the CD in the player and closed it. She pressed the 'Play' button and pressed more buttons to skip some songs. She stopped until she heard the 'You're My Best Friend' song.
Later, the girls decided to listen to the whole album to give "rock music another chance". Once they went through the whole album, which took almost forty minutes, they started to get hooked.
"Wow, Queen is an amazing band!" Andrea commented.
"So amazing," Madeline agreed.
"I could listen to that band forever."
"Well, too bad. It's my parents'."
"Hey, do you know what we should do?"
"Go over Skye's house and look through her CDs?"
"Dang, you're smart."
"I take hits."
"Let's go!"

The girls decided to hop into Andrea's car and drive all the way to Skye's house. They asked Skye's parents if they could have permission to come in even though Skye was gone. They consented, letting the two girls into their home. They went for Skye's bedroom and found her stash of rock CDs. For one and a half hours, they listened to several of Skye's CDs on her CD player.
"Oh, my God," said Madeline. "AC/DC is the bomb-dot-com!"
"I was just about to say that," said Andrea.
"What should we listen to next?"
Andrea took the first CD from the long stack of CDs. "Uh, how about Panic! At The Disco?"
"We've already listened to their album."
"Yeah, but this is a different album. It's called 'Vices and Virtues'. We listened to 'A Fever That Can't Sweat Out'."
"Oh, yeah, right. Wait!" Madeline bent down and picked up a CD that was laying on the floor by Skye's bed. "What about this album by Marilyn Manson?"
"Who's Marilyn Manson?"
"We're about to find out." Madeline rushed to the CD player and opened it, taking out the AC/DC CD. She opened the Manson case and took out the CD, then placing it into the CD player. She closed it, then pressed 'Play'.
"Yes, play it!"
Madeline looked at the case. "Is this a man or woman?" She showed the case to Andrea.
"I want to say woman but women don't look like that in the twenty-first century. I have to go with 'man'."

No comments:

Post a Comment