Thursday, August 4, 2016

It Was Just a Kiss (Chapter 5)

It had been a few days but Madeline was still depressed about her breakup with Homer. She tried calling him and everything but he wouldn't respond to her. He didn't want to. He wanted to be as far away from Madeline as possible. But Madeline wanted to be as close to Homer as possible. Yet she knew that she wasn't going to get ever.
Madeline sulked during classes. She tried to stay focused and did her best but nothing could get her to stop pouting about her lost love. During lunch, Madeline didn't eat. She just rested her head on Andrea's shoulder and Andrea let her stay there. The girls were so upset that they could hardly eat.
"Madeline, do you want my sandwich?" offered Lizzie. "It has whole-wheat bread. Turkey instead of ham."
"No thanks," whimpered Madeline.
"Come on, Maddie," said Skye. "You still can't be sad about Homer."
"Well, I don't know how to not be sad about him, Skye. He was the first guy I ever loved. And he dumped me because he wasn't the first guy I dated. Why am I such a whore?"
"You're not a whore," said Madeline.
"Yes, I am. I almost went to third base once."
"You did?" asked Skye.
"Yeah. But when I saw it, I got frightened then I ran away."
"Well, at least we know you're healthy."
"You got to eat something, Maddie," said Debra. "Or else you're gonna starve."
"So?" asked Madeline. "Let me starve. All I want to eat is despair so it can rot away my soul and I'll be put out of my misery."
"Is turkey close enough to despair?" questioned Lizzie, holding up her sandwich slice.
Skye put her hand on top of Lizzie's hand and forced her to put the sandwich down.
"I think I know how to get rid of your misery, Madeline," said DeMarcus.
"How?" Madeline asked with a raspy voice.
"Well, whenever Lizzie is down and out, sometimes I'll blow my mouth into her belly button which makes her ticklish, eventually making her happy again. Maybe one of you guys should do that."
"Uh, we're not gonna put our mouths on her belly button, DeMarcus," asserted Skye.
"Why? I shower," admitted Madeline.
"Are you serious?" asked Andrea.
"No."
"Listen, Madeline," started Skye, "I know you love Homer. That means you thought he was the one. Well, if a guy is the one, he should be very understanding about your past and focus on your future together. Therefore, Homer was never the one to begin with because he focused on your past more than he did with the future. If you want my opinion, Madeline, I think you're better off without Oz. He was a little bit overrated."
"Don't call him Oz. Whether he was the one or not, I still loved him. And love is not a thing to change."
"Yeah, Michelle," Andrea said to Skye sarcastically.
Almost impulsively, Madeline snickered. "She is nothing like Michelle."
The girls looked at each other and laughed a little bit.
"Yeah, you're right," agreed Debra. "She's more like Heather."
"Oh, how can you say I'm Heather?" inquired Skye. "She was in glee club."
"She was in the choir. Different thing."
"Well, I know she ain't Nadia," said DeMarcus.
"Right?" Andrea laughed.
"Hey, I think I can relate to Nadia," said Skye. "I once walked around the house with my shirt off all day."
"Did you?" asked Debra.
"I did. I didn't give a crap. I was free fallin'."
Madeline laughed, making everyone else laugh.
"What are we talking about?" asked Lizzie.
"American Pie," answered Madeline.
"American Pie? Isn't that just apple pie?"
"Well, they used an apple pie in the film so I guess that makes sense," said Skye.
"Madeline, you're laughing," noticed Debra.
"No, I'm not," Madeline tried to wear a straight face but lost it. "Okay, I am."
"We knew you were in there somewhere," Andrea said.
"Well, you guys bring it out."
"That's why we're B.F.F.s," smiled Lizzie.
"Something I'll never say," admitted Skye.
Madeline giggled. When she did, it looked like life was coming back in her face. Her cheeks were rosy and her smile was blinding. Madeline was back... only for a moment.
"So turkey?" offered Lizzie again, holding up her sandwich slice.
"Or jell-O?" DeMarcus offered from his tray.
"I thought that was meatloaf."
"No, it's jell-O. I tasted it."

No comments:

Post a Comment