Monday, August 1, 2016

It Was Just a Kiss (Chapter 1)

"I'm so glad we're celebrating our three month anniversary at the place that we first met," Madeline confessed to her boyfriend, Homer.
"Well, how else are we going to celebrate the time of our relationship?" asked Homer.
"I don't know. A candlelit dinner at a five-star restaurant, maybe a yacht or--"
"Okay, okay. I'm sorry I haven't thought of that. But I'm not rich and experienced like you."
"Oh, honey, it's okay. Although you're poor and inexperienced, I still like you."
Homer chuckled. "You're such a smart aleck."
"Oh, smart I am."
"So you want me to buy some cotton candy before we start this thing off?"
"Gladly. Make sure it's pink."
"Anything for you, sweetie."
Madeline grinned at Homer before he went off to find the cotton candy stand. Madeline looked dreamily into the air while waiting for her generous boyfriend. She got out of dream state when she heard a guy call her name. She shot a look of confusion, thinking it was Homer. She turned around and saw a teenage guy approaching her. The closer he got, the more familiar he looked. But she could not put her finger on who he was.
"Oh, my goodness," he said, smiling. "It is you."
"Oh, my God," Madeline said, goggling at him. She finally remembered who he was. His black, fuzzy hair. His piercing blue eyes. His lankiness. The way his cheeks reddened like apples when he smiled. That guy was Jerry, the boy she met at the Masquerade Ball about two years ago. The boy who kissed her then got away. "Jerry, is that you?" she asked.
"Yeah! I'm so glad you remember me. All I do is think of you."
"What?"
"And my family moved back here so we can finally be together like you wanted."
"What?"
Jerry was so excited that he grabbed Madeline by the face and plant one right on her lips. Madeline did not kiss him back for obvious reasons. Her eyes were wider than ever. When Jerry let go of her, her wide eyes were staring straight at him out of shock.
"What?" all Madeline could utter.

No comments:

Post a Comment