Tuesday, August 2, 2016

It Was Just a Kiss (Chapter 3)

Madeline was really nervous to see Jerry again after their little kiss. She didn't have his number or his email so she checked social media. Apparently, he had a Facebook page which she never looked at. So she messaged Jerry to meet her again, only at his house. He accepted and gave her his address. He told her to come around any time the next day. So when the next day came, after school, she drove over Jerry's house. He was standing right in front of the door of his fresh, lovely bungalow. She was smiling brighter than the sun, consumed with hopeful thoughts involving Madeline. Madeline slipped out of the car and approached the happy lad.
"Hey, Madeline," Jerry greeted, stretching out his arms for a hug.
But Madeline leaned away from him, shaking her head. "Nuh-uh-uh-uh."
Jerry put his arms down. His smile was fading a bit.
"Jerry, we need to talk."
"I know. I really need to talk to you, too."
"You first 'cause I think I know what you're about to say."
"Madeline, I am so sorry for kissing and dissing you so many years ago."
"It was two years ago."
"But now, since I'm here, we can get to know each other a bit more. I am so excited to spend my time with you."
"Yeah, about that. Jerry, I can't be with you."
"May I ask why not?"
"Because I'm taken."
"Okay, I wish I never asked."
"I'm sorry. But you had your chance. You left me."
"I know. We should've started a long-distance relationship."
"Yeah, you should've."
"I had Skype."
"Maybe you should use it more."
"Oh, Madeline. I feel like such a fool."
"No, no. You're not a fool. You just really liked me and when you moved back here, you realized that you still liked me. That's totally understandable because I'm ridiculously hot. You didn't know any better."
"May I ask who's the lucky guy?"
"Homer Anderson."
Jerry snickered. "His name is Homer?"
"Shut the frick up!"
"Okay, sorry. How long have you been with him?"
"Three months. We were celebrating our anniversary at the fair."
"And I kissed you. Oh, my God, I'm such a jerk."
"You're not that much of a jerk."
"Three months is a long time."
"I know. It's enough time for me to realize that I love him. And I think he loves me, too."
"Wow. And here I am ruining it all. I wished I never kissed you."
"I wish that, too."
"Can we still be friends?"
"Not if you still like me."
"I'll get over it. I promise."
"Okay." Madeline hugged Jerry, only for two seconds. "That's long enough."
"So when are you going to tell Homer that you love him?"
"After I tell him that you kissed me."
"You haven't him told him yet? Madeline, you are living--"
"I know I'm living the low life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment