Monday, August 1, 2016

It Was Just a Kiss (Chapter 2)

"Is this pudding?" asked Lizzie, poking the brown gel-like substance on her lunch tray with a plastic spork.
"What else would it be?" asked Skye.
"I don't know." Lizzie stuck her fingers in the substance and peeled off a brown sheet from the top of it. "But it has skin on it."
"Oh, then it's probably not pudding."
"Maybe it's supposed to be a pudding ball," said DeMarcus, Lizzie's beautiful black boyfriend.
Lizzie gasped while smiling. "Maybe that's what it is. You're such a genius."
"You give me brain fuel, baby."
Skye looked at Madeline for a reaction. But Madeline was staring into thin air with a shocked look on her face.
"What's up with you?" Skye asked. "You look like you've seen a ghost... having intercourse with another ghost."
Lizzie gasped without a smile. "Did you?"
"No," answered Madeline. "But I am a bit traumatized."
"What happened?" asked Debra.
"Do you guys remember Jerry?"
"Terry?" said Andrea.
"No, Jerry."
"I don't know a Jerry."
"Was he that dork who kissed you at that masquerade dance sophomore year?" guessed Skye.
"Yes!" said Madeline. "And he did it again."
"He kissed you at another dance?" questioned Lizzie.
"No, he kissed me at the fair."
"Wait," started Debra. "Weren't you at the fair with Homer?"
"That's correct."
Andrea gasped. "Madeline, no vivas que baja la vida."
"I'm not living that low life, Andrea. He kissed me and it wasn't long."
"Did Homer see it?" asked Debra.
"No, thank God."
"Thank God?" repeated Andrea. "Does he know?"
"Well, no."
Andrea groaned. "Madeline, no vivas--"
"I'm not trying to live the low life!"
"You got to tell him, man," said Skye.
"I know. I'm afraid."
"How can you be afraid?" Lizzie questioned. "If he really likes you, he should understand."
"I know."
"Just be straight with him," said DeMarcus. "You can do it, girl."
"Besides, if Jerry kissed you first," started Skye, "then there's nothing you should be ashamed of. Other than the fact that you're hiding this from Homer."
"Not helping, Skye," said Madeline.
"You got enough help."
"You can take back your lunch, DeMarcus," said Lizzie, sliding the tray over to his side. "Looking at it is making me lose my appetite."
"Come on, babe. You got to eat something. I don't want you to starve."
"Alright. Give me those orange slices."
DeMarcus looked down at his tray. "That's carrot soup but okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment