Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Beast Within (Chapter 3)

Couple of days after, Madeline and Lizzie walked down the hallway together after third period had ended. They swaggered down the hall full of zig-zagging students, engaging in conversation.
"Have you seen Debra at all?" asked Madeline.
"Nope, I thought you saw her," Lizzie replied.
"I feel so worried about her. She had been acting weird ever since she told us she got detention."
"Why did she get detention again?"
"Because she fed her history teacher his tie."
"Is she still angry about yoga club?"
"Apparently. Why else would she stick a tie in a teacher's mouth?"
"Maybe he was hungry. Or there was candy on his tie."
"That was a rhetorical question, Lizzie."
"Oh. Do you think Debra will get over the yoga club thing?"
"Of course. Debra is the calmest person I know. She's not going to freak out continuously over a club."
As the two walked together, they were unaware what was happening in the background. Rapidly came down a specially decorated Debra who pushed every student out of her way. She was wearing a black leather fringe jacket over a multicolored vest which was over a brown T-shirt dress. She also wore ripped black tights with chunky brown combat boots and a colorful Indian headdress. Her makeup was different, going from natural to harsh with raccoon eyes and bold eyebrows. Her countenance changed; she used to appear calm but now, she seemed irritated. She walked down the hall fast enough to catch up with her two girlfriends. When she did, she squeezed herself right in-between them and put her arms around them.
"Hey, tramps," she greeted with a grin. "What's up?"
Lizzie yelped when she laid eyes on Debra.
"What?"
"Debra, why do you look like George Clinton from Parliament Funkadelic?" asked Madeline.
"Oh, Maddie. You and your old people."
"I thought you were a bird," said Lizzie, putting her hand on her chest.
"A bird, Lizzie?" Madeline inquired.
"They're sneaky."
"Debra, what's with the get-up?"
"Well, let's see," Debra started. "When I got up, I wanted to wear this."
"But why?"
"Because it's so me."
"It's so not."
"Of course, it is, overbite. I thought that it was time for a transformation. The old Debra is dead and gone. Now you're going to have to deal with the new Debra."
"But can you bring old Debra back from the dead?" asked Lizzie. "You do look like a witch doctor."
"Old Debra is no more. You're my friends; deal with it."
"We're obviously not going to do that," said Madeline.
"That's fine. I can always make new friends. I met these guys in detention that were so bomb. They offered me a smoke. I should go ask them for one now if I still have a chance."
"But you don't smoke."
"Old Debra doesn't smoke, but new Debra would. That's right; I'm going to be getting holes in my throat left and right. So be prepared!"
She smacked her friends on the back of their heads before storming away from them. The girls covered their heads to possibly stop the throbbing pain.
"Why would she want holes in her throat?" asked Lizzie. "Does she need somewhere to keep her change?"

No comments:

Post a Comment