Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas Gifts & Mistletoe (Chapter 2)

On the last day of school before Christmas break
The clock was on 2:29 and the teens couldn't wait
Soon the bell rang and they ran out with jolly
They flooded the halls which were decorated with holly
The girls found each other and walked together slowly
Andy asked, "Do you wanna come over for chips and guacamole?"
Madeline said, "I can't. I have to work.
"Hopefully, I'll see Guy and with him, I will flirt."
Lizzie said, "I'm confused. Is Guy your man?"
"No, he's not but I do have a plan.
"I've tried to get him to kiss me for the past few weeks.
"But the only place on my face he kissed are my cheeks.
"So on Christmas, I will see him and bring mistletoe.
"So he'll be forced to kiss me and then I will know."
After the girls made faces of dissent, Skye urged,
"Will you quit it with the rhyming? It's getting on my nerves!"

Whatever.

"Anyway, I was thinking about having him come over and when my parents aren't looking, I'll give him a smack on the lips," pondered Madeline.
"What happens if you kiss him and you feel nothing?" queried Debra.
"Then I'll kick him out."
"That ain't right," said Andrea.
"Well, I'm not gonna spend time with a guy I don't like. I'd be wasting his time. We'll keep texting though. His compliments are sublime."
"You like every compliment someone gives you," noted Skye.
"That's because compliments are my friends."
"Does that make us a compliment?" asked Lizzie.
"Sure 'cause ya like me. I can't come over your house, Andy, right now but I can surely make it after work. Do you think after 6:30 is good enough?"
"Sure," answered Andrea. "It don't matter. As long as it's before ten. I slow down around ten."
"I have to pick up something from the office," mentioned Lizzie. "Don't wait up for me."
"I don't think we were," Skye joked.
Lizzie rolled her eyes with a smile before leaving her girls who went outside to enter the office in the lounge. She walked up to the desk, eyeing an angry-looking, old woman, wearing the glasses with beads on them.
"Hello," Lizzie greeted, "can I check your lost-and-found? I lost a hair-clip."
"You came here for just a hair-clip?" asked the old woman.
"Uh, it was a special hair-clip. It had a ladybug on it."
"Alright. I'll go get the box of junk out for you."
"Thank you very much."
The old woman went into the door behind the desk which led to a long hallway. Lizzie sat down in one of the waiting chairs next to a girl and was happily patient. Yet she noticed the girl next to her, a short brunette, crying into the palms of her hands. Lizzie felt like she had to say something.
"Are you alright?" she asked into the girl's ear.
The brunette improved her posture and wiped her wet, red eyes. "Uh, yeah, I'm alright," she said after a sniffle in a quivering voice.
"You don't look alright to me. Are you sad? Having an allergic reaction? Or could those be tears of joy?"
"No, they're tears of sadness."
"What's wrong, girl-I-don't-know-whose-name?"
The girl wiped her nose. "Well, this morning, my parents and I woke up to our house robbed."
"Oh no! What did they take?"
"Not much. Just ninety percent of our Christmas decorations. They took the wreath, the presents, the ornaments. All we have is a naked tree."
"Who would just steal the ornaments off the tree?"
"I don't know! Someone who doesn't have ornaments on their tree?" The blue-eyed brunette buried her head into her hands again. "Now because of those horrible burglars, we won't have a Christmas. So I'm here in this office, waiting to see my counselor so I can cry some more since that's all I'm gonna do this Christmas."
The girl wept harder than she did before. Lizzie comforted her by patting her on the back.
"Aw, don't cry. You can always spend Christmas at another family member's house."
"It won't be the same!"
"You're right; I have some family members that I'm currently avoiding. Why don't you buy some more decorations and presents?"
"We don't have enough money. We spent it all on the ones we had."
"That's a bummer. What if I bring Christmas to your house?"
The brunette sat up straight and wiped her nose with her index finger. "No, I can't possibly ask you to."
"But I want to. I bet it'll fun for me but most importantly, fun for you. I know I'll have Christmas and I want to make sure you have Christmas."
The girl sniffled. "You really want to?"
"Yeah. What's your name?"
"Alaska."
"Alaska? Alaska. I'm Lizzie, although my real name is Elizabeth, but you can call me Lizzie. I promise you that I will give you the best Christmas that you ever had."
"Gee, thanks, Lizzie."
Alaska spread out her arms and attempted to squeeze Lizzie. Lizzie wanted to hug her but couldn't help but resist after sighting the yellowish mucous running down Alaska's nostrils.
"You don't have to hug me," said Lizzie, trying to be polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment