Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Girls Like Englishmen (Chapter 2)

The next day, the girls decided to go to the mall together after school. Madeline agreed to drive them all there. During their destination towards the shopping center, the girls listened to the radio. Madeline channeled to a pop station which played the funky song, "Cake By the Ocean" by DNCE. They all sung along in unison with some of them off-key.

Talk to me, baby
I'm going after this sweet-sweet craving, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and go crazy-crazy
Ay-yi-yi-yi
I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean
Walk for me, baby
I'll be Diddy, you'll be Naomi, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and go crazy-crazy
Ay-yi-yi-yi
I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean, ah

"Do you guys think me and DeMarcus should go on a date and it's practically eating cake by the ocean?" asked Lizzie.
"Lizzie, let a song be a song," responded Skye.
"You guys should do whatever you want," Madeline opined, concentrating on the road. "I desperately need date ideas."
"What for?" asked Andrea.
"You know what for. For Mason."
"Ah, your little British friend?" inquired Skye.
"Yep. I think he's head over heels for me."
"What makes you say that?" asked Debra.
"Well, whenever we talk, I see a little sparkle in his eye."
"Maybe that's from the light," said Andrea. "Light does that, you know."
"Whatever. I can still feel it. It's like heat."
Skye asked, "So is this like a fling or--"
"No way. I want a relationship with this guy."
"But I thought he won't be at our school for long," said Lizzie.
"He won't be but that doesn't mean we can't have a long distance relationship."
"Do you even know how to have a long distance relationship?" asked Andrea.
"Of course. I was in a long distance relationship with my second boyfriend, Brent McCain, while I was in middle school. He moved to Kentucky and we called each other every weekend for two years. Then he dumped me for some farmer girl. How dare he send me pictures! And the girl was missing teeth."
"Guys like gums," said Lizzie.
"Are you sure you can handle such a relationship again?" questioned Debra.
"With Mason, of course," answered Madeline. "He has it all. Did you know that instead of riding the airplane with the other students, he was sent out here on his dad's private jet? So cool. And I learned a little bit about myself: if I do not accomplish my goal of becoming the highest paid actress all around the world, I want to become the princess of England."
"You think Mason is a prince?" asked Skye.
"He's rich enough to be one."
"You only want to be with Mason because he's rich?" Debra inquired.
"No! I want to be with Mason because he's just like me. Only British."
"Madeline, there is no way you can be the princess of England," said Andrea. "Mason is not even a prince."
"And you're not even English," added Skye.
"Madeline speaks good English to me," said Lizzie.
"Yeah, I, like, totes speak good English," Madeline agreed.
"Maddie, you can't be with a guy for fame," said Debra. "That's what Selena Gomez used to do."
"I'm not trying to be like Selena Gomez. She's not the highest paid actress in the world."
"What would you do with the money anyway?" Andrea questioned.
"Practically everything. I could be the first woman on the moon."
"Wait, you want to be an actress or an astronaut?"
"Whatever pays more. I'll be the freakin' spaceship if I want to."
"Now you want to be a spaceship?" questioned Skye.
"Look, guys. I know this sounds absolutely kind of shallow and superficial of me or whatever but I like Mason. Nevertheless, I want to marry him so I can become a princess or at least have a career similar to that. I've wanted to become a princess ever since I was a little girl. Don't destroy my fairytale dreams."
"I encourage your fairytale dreams," smiled Lizzie.
"Whatever, Madeline," said Andrea. "We're your friends so just do you."
"Thank you, Andy," said Madeline. "If I ever get to wear the crown someday, I will more than likely share my spot of tea with you."
"If you try to wear the crown," mumbled Skye, "you'll share a spot of tea with your new girlfriend in prison."
"Nobody likes a dream crusher, Skye."

No comments:

Post a Comment