Friday, December 19, 2014

The Bad Breakup (Chapter 2)

After school, to cure Lizzie's heartache, the girls decided to take her to the mall. They took her to her favorite food place within the mall which was "I Scream", an ice cream shop. Madeline bought her a cup of strawberry ice cream with sprinkles and whipped cream. The girls sat down together at a nearby empty table to eat their ice cream; Lizzie was still sobbing, not minding the cold treat in front of her.

"Hey, Lizzie, don't you want to indulge in your ice cream?" asked Madeline. "It's your favorite: strawberry with candy sprinkles and low-fat Cool Whip."

"Nothing's cooler than Cool Whip," Andrea added, trying to make her laugh.

Lizzie sniffled and whimpered. "Hank used to buy me this type of ice cream when we would go on our ice cream dates. I can't look at this!" She tightly shut her mascara-smudged eyes.

"You called your dates 'ice cream dates'?" asked Skye.

"I miss Hank."

"Why?" questioned Madeline. "You can't miss someone who is going to drop you out like that. Hank's a bad person and they don't deserve to be missed."

Lizzie cried harder.

"I think I saw snot drip in her ice cream," Andrea commented.

"Oh, come on, Lizzie," pleaded Madeline. "Cheer up."

"You want some cheery cherries to go on your sundae?" asked Debra.

"Sunday!" Lizzie weeped. "That was Hank's favorite day."

"Come on," said Andrea. "He has a favorite day?"

"Lizzie, what can we do to make you feel better?" Madeline asked.

"I-I don't know," Lizzie replied in a trembling voice. "The only way I can feel better is if I get back together with Hank. But that's not going to happen because he doesn't love me anymore!"

"You-- You put on a little too much mascara today," said Andrea.

"Oh, I feel so bad," Debra admitted.

"Why would Hank break up with her?" asked Madeline, rubbing Lizzie's back. "This doesn't make any sense."

"He used to seem so nice," said Skye. "How can he do the jerkiest move in the book?"

"Maybe he loved her so much, he set her free," Debra insisted.

"You don't tell someone that they're not good enough for you because you love them," said Madeline.

"Maybe it's different now in our generation," said Andrea.

"Then we have to beat up every boy in our generation because I ain't having that."

"Lizzie will get over Hank," said Skye. "He couldn't have been that special."

"If she's crying, then he probably was that special. Especially to her. I mean look at her."

Lizzie dropped her head down into her cup of ice cream.

"Aw, she's getting mascara in her ice cream," said Andrea.

"I don't got time for this," Madeline looked at her silver watch. "I'm on break."

No comments:

Post a Comment