Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Meet My Girlfriend (Chapter 3)

After a week, the girls had lunch in the cafeteria at school together normally. They ate their homemade or school-bought lunches as Madeline started the conversation.

"Are you drinking the mineral oil, Lizzie?" she asked.

"Oh, I forgot about that," replied Lizzie.

"You forgot?"

"Actually, I remembered. I just don't want to drink it."

"Why not?"

"It's gross."

"It barely has a taste."

"Well, I don't like the thickness."

"If you can drink smoothies, than you can drink mineral oil."

"I don't want to drink the mineral oil."

"Then buy actual laxatives," recommended Andrea.

"No way. What if I bump into the cutest guy at the pharmacy?"

"What is the cutest guy doing at a pharmacy?" asked Madeline.

"Buying laxatives," answered Skye. "You two would be perfect for each other."

Andrea giggled. "But Lizzie has a point. I don't want a gorgeous guy to know I have a pooping problem."

"If you don't want to drink oil, Liz'," started Debra, "you can try some exercises to help release your blocked bowels."

"Well, I hope you do those exercises on the toilet," said Skye. "If you do them now, it would be a bad day for you because you're wearing white."

Lizzie and Andrea snickered.

"That's gross," commented Madeline. "But in order to 'solve your problems', you got to drink the oil. Otherwise, buy some laxative tablets."

"I'll try," said Lizzie.

"Speaking of constipation," started Skye, "me and Lee are really hitting it off."

"What does that got to do with constipation?" questioned Andrea.

"Nothing. Uh, her and I have so much in common. We're going to a U2 concert next year."

"Aw, I like U2, too," said Madeline.

"YouTube has a concert?" asked Lizzie.

"Not YouTube," corrected Skye. "U2."

"I, too, what?"

"It's a name of a band. Letter U, number two."

"Speaking of number two..." Andrea looked at Lizzie.

"Heard of Bono?"

"Yes, your 'future' husband," Lizzie responded.

"Yeah, he sings lead in U2."

"Oh, so the concert is a way to be close to your dream hubby?"

"Pretty much."

"So you and Lee are pretty much the same person since you two like U2?" asked Debra.

"It's not just U2. We like the same movies, music, food. Everything we like almost compares."

"And Lee takes a liking to you?" asked Madeline.

"Yep."

"Well, make sure it's not too strong of a liking."

"What do you mean?"

"I expect that Lee told you."

Skye chuckled. "Told me what?"

"Well, isn't it obvious?"

"No."

"Lee's lesbian."

"No, she's not!"

"Uh, yes, she is."

"How do you know?"

"Because it's out in the open."

"No, you're making assumptions."

"Skye, I'm not blind. I mean she goes by Lee."

"Some girls go by Lee."

"What girls?"

"Uh, girls."

"Skye--"

"If Lee is a lesbian, how come she doesn't have a girlfriend?"

"Does every gay man have a boyfriend?" questioned Andrea.

"Maybe she has a crush on you, being why she's single," said Lizzie.

"Oh, please," said Skye. "Lee does not have a crush on me. We are too good of friends."

"Sometimes, the closest friends develop a better romance," said Debra.

"Tell that to Spongebob and Patrick."

"Why can't you accept the fact that Lee is a lesbian?" asked Madeline.

"Because I'm going to prove it. That's right; I'm going to have clear-cut evidence that Lee is just as straight as me and you all are going to be feeling like fools."

"Please, Skye, if you didn't like boys, you'd be lesbian," stated Andrea.

"That's the point of being lesbian," said Madeline.

"Okay, you don't know everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment