Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I Wanna Be... (Chapter 2)

The next day, after school, Andrea paid a visit to Skye's home, making a plan with her to come over her apartment. There, the girls chilled in Skye's punk-themed bedroom where Skye wanted Andrea's true opinion on a song cover that she was going to do. They both sat down on the floor next to the black-sheeted bed. Skye plugged in her blue keyboard to a near outlet on her white wall and set it on her lap to play the keys of a groovy yet modern, deep-sounding tune.

And I feel
That time's a wasted go
So where you going to tomorrow?
And I see
That these are lies to come
Would you even care?

And I feel it
And I feel it

Where you going to tomorrow?
Where you going with that mask I found?
And I feel and I feel
When the dogs begin to smell her
Will she smell alone?

When the dogs do find her
Got time, time, to wait for tomorrow
To find it, to find it, to find it
When the dogs do find her
Got time, time, to wait for tomorrow
To find it, to find it, to find it

To find it
To find it
To find it...

Andrea clapped. "That was good."

"Really? Thanks," said Skye.

"It seems like you get better and better every day."

"The secret is saltwater."

"Really?"

"No. I mean Danny O'Donoughe snort saltwater to sing better but that is probably why he had a collapsed lung."

"Is that bad?"

"Does a collapsed lung sound good?"

"You're right."

"I love playing songs like the ones by Stone Temple Pilots. Grunge really needs to come back."

"I bet you can make it come back, seeing how talented you are."

"Aw! Okay, what's the catch?"

"Dang it. I need help."

"If there's a body in your car, I have nothing to do with that."

"No, not that. I mean I don't have a body in my car. I hurt, never kill. It's a homework assignment."

"Yeah, I'm not doing your homework either."

"I don't want you to do my homework. I actually need help."

"Fine. What do you need help with?"

"I need you to help me figure who I want to be."

"That's easy; just ask yourself."

"I did and I wouldn't give myself any answers."

"How come you don't know what you want to be when you grow up?"

"I don't know. I never really thought about it. Now when I try to, nothing comes to mind."

"That's crazy. There has to be one thing you want to be."

"Nope. Maybe I just need ideas. What do you want to be when you grow up."

"Uh-uh, you're not stealing my dream."

"I'm not going to steal your dream. I just need to ignite a fire of thoughts."

"Well, I hope to be a veternarian because I love animals. I know I eat meat and poultry and whatnot but I, honestly, genuinely care about animals. I might go to veternarian school after graduation. But if the dream dies, I wish to become... a rocker. I love performing with the guys in our band. I hope to make A New Yesterday into something more. Plus, I love making music so why wouldn't I become a rockstar?"

"Interesting."

"It is interesting."

"Is there a chance I could be a singer as well?"

"Well, I can't make you not be a singer."

"Can I see your keyboard to know if I have something there?"

"Sure, why not?"

Skye lifted the keyboard off her lap and placed it on Andrea's lap. Andrea turned it around to face the keys towards her. She looked down at the keyboard for a few seconds before playing the keys erradically.

"My anaconds don't--" she sang before Skye interrupted her.

"No," Skye took the keyboard from Andrea's lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment