Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Meet My Girlfriend (Chapter 4)

The day after, Skye's friend, Lee, invited her over to her house to look at some paintings that she has done in a late past. Skye consented the invitation and Lee drove her over after school in her blue SUV. After five minutes, Lee opened the door to a person-less house.

"Where are your parents?" asked Skye.

"They went to the supermarket," Lee answered. "They'll be back in twenty minutes."

"They text you?"

"Yep."

Lee walked upstairs with Skye following. She walked through the long hallway with a just-as-long blue carpet until she opened a door which led to her bedroom. Skye was amazed how Lee's bedroom looks similar to her own bedroom, only "cooler". She gasped once she saw a big Marilyn Manson poster taped above the purple sheeted bed.

"You got a Marilyn Manson poster in your room?" she asked, dropping her skull-printed backpack on the floor.

"If it's here, it's clear," said Lee.

"How big is it?"

"I think it's 48 by 84 inches."

"Oh, that's a lot of inches. I've been wanting to order a poster like this for my room but I think my friends would be afraid of it."

"Marilyn is a scary man."

"Yeah, but I love him."

Lee opened the closet door and dragged out a backwards canvas. "So, you're ready to see the magic?"

"Bring it on, magician."

Lee picked up the canvas and turned it over, revealing an explosion of bold colors that made a face.

Skye was stunned. "Whoa, that looks awesome."

"Thanks," Lee looked over the painting. "I worked on it for four days."

"Four days are all you need. What are you going to call it?"

"I shall call it, 'My Boyfriend'."

Skye crossed her arms. "Really?"

"Yep."

"Why would you call it that?"

"I don't know. It just felt right."

"I agree."

"It feels good to go do something different, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it. So you're totally not a lesbian. I mean, Lee! Leez-bian! Les-- Lee-- Leez-- Leez-bian. Leez-uh. Lisa! Leah! Lee!"

Lee stared at Skye, confused. "What the freak was that?"

"I'm sorry. I have the hiccups!"

"Well, you got weird hiccups."

"Yeah, I'm taking a special medicine for it."

"Good to know."

"What I meant to say -- before I was interrupted by hiccups -- was that your art doesn't say 'Leah' or 'Lee'. It says something more than that. Like you're more than a name; you are art itself."

"Wow, that was sweet."

"Well, you're a special girl."

"Thanks, Skye."

Skye sighed and turned around. "So have you thought about hanging up your artwork since you--" She turned around, only to be quickly interrupted by Lee, who grabbed her neck and crashed her lips against hers.

Skye resisted, pulling out of Lee's grip. She backed up a foot and stared at Lee in shock. Lee looked back at Skye, confused.

"What are you doing?" Skye asked, breathless.

"I'm kissing you," replied Lee.

"Yeah, I know! Why?!"

"I don't know! I thought you liked me!"

"Yes, I do. Not in that way."

"Oh, why is so hard to find a good lesbian--"

"Lesbian! Hold the phone and twirl on the wire, I am not lesbian."

"Really?"

"Yes, really!"

"But you're so... butch."

"Butch? Look at you!"

"Oh, now you're insulting me?"

"No, I'm--"

"We're supposed to be friends."

"We can't be friends if you want to be kissing me."

"Oh, is that right?"

"No, I didn't mean it that way. Lee, I like you, just not in that way. Can we-- can we just forget about this?"

Lee sighed. "Fine."

"Good. So... can I look at more of your art?"

"Sure."

"Good. So..." Skye turned her head to look at the poster. "48 by 84 inches, huh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment