Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Skye is Falling (Part 2) (Chapter 5)

The next day, the girls were in the cafeteria, having lunch just like any other day at school. They were a bit sad that Skye was avoiding them but they somehow knew that she would come back. They were not sure when but they never gave up their thought. Besides, they were not wrong as Skye approached the table with a tray of food.
"Hey, guys," she said, catching their attention.
"You can't sit with us!" Lizzie spat.
"It's okay, Lizzie," said Madeline.
"Sorry."
"Is it alright if I sit here?" asked Skye.
"Why wouldn't it?" questioned Madeline. "You've always sat here."
"Right." Skye walked around the table and sat down at her usual spot, which was right next to Lizzie.
"Are you and Dom over?" asked Debra.
"Yeah." Skye played with the food on her tray with her spork.
"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Andrea.
"No."
"Are you gonna put the pink streak back in your hair?" asked Lizzie, noticing that Skye's hair was still black.
She snickered. "Yeah."
"Is there anything you would like to say to us?" asked Madeline.
"Yeah." Skye dropped her spork on her tray. "I wanna say that I'm sorry for yelling at you guys earlier. I didn't mean to call you the names I said. You guys were right; I was changing myself for Dom. However, it was my decision because I've been wanting to date somebody who was different from Jeffrey. I did and since that didn't work out, I have no excuse to act so catty. I really liked Dom and I lost myself a little bit. Maybe he was the one for me, maybe he wasn't. But whatever the case, I don't want him anymore and I don't need him. I need you guys and I didn't mean to make you all feel bad."
"Aw!" uttered Madeline.
"Zip it."
"We're glad to have you back, Skye."
"Me, too."
"You don't have to answer this but do you think you're gonna get back with Jeffrey?" questioned Debra.
"I don't know. I'm pretty sure that he hates me so I don't think he would want to talk to me."
"He doesn't hate you."
"Why wouldn't he? I left him for someone else. If he did that to me, I would hate him."
"Well, he doesn't hate you," said Madeline. "He actually came up to us one day."
"He did? What did he say?"
"He just asked us how you were doing. We told him that you were being a huge cow and a bunch of other words that weren't nice."
"I forgive you."
"But after that, we just said that you were suffering from a loss of identity. Jeffrey understood that and I could see in his face that the last time you guys talked wasn't going to be the last time."
"'Suffering from a loss of identity'? Who are you, Doctor Oz?"
"Um, I'm pretty much finer than Doctor Oz, okay?"
"Well, at least there's still hope for us."
"So you would get back together with him?" asked Debra.
"I don't know. I don't exactly love him. I don't mind being his friend."
"That's so sweet," Lizzie said.
"Well, it's a good thing that we have you back," commented Andrea. "I thought I had to pop you right in the mouth to correct you."
"Well... I'm glad you didn't," Skye admitted.
"Me, too. I hate having to hurt my friends."
"That is such a lie!" said Madeline.
"You wanna say that again?" Andrea balled her hand into a fist and waved it in front of Madeline's face.
"No, senorita."
"I thought so."
Debra reached over and, with one hand, slowly unraveled Andrea's fist. Skye couldn't help but burst into laughter. She buried her head into her arms on the table and began cracking up. Seeing her laugh made the other girls want to laugh.
"What's so funny?" asked Andrea, giggling.
Skye sat up straight. "Nothing," she said, wiping her left bottom eyelid.
        "Now since you're back," started Madeline, "you can change back your wardrobe, your room and take down that poster of that sweaty guy."
        "That's Dean Ambrose," said Skye.
        "Well, he's gross, Skye."
        "I actually like him," Skye muttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment