Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Skye is Falling (Part 2) (Chapter 4)

For a couple of days, Skye avoided her girlfriends. She felt like they didn't understand her new personality so for that, she could not hang out with them anymore. Therefore, she spent most of her time being with Dom, who was the best boyfriend she ever had. She felt happy with him and no one could understood that except for her.
One day, Skye went to a cafe by herself. Her boyfriend told her to pick up some food for them to eat later in the day. The cafes near her home were closed due to health issues so she took the bus to a cafe uptown. After coming in, she ordered two pastrami sandwiches at a low price. After receiving her food, she made her way out of the shop. But when she was an inch away at the door, she noticed something strange. She took five steps backward and looked to her right. She saw an attractive girl -- a mini Naomi Campbell -- sitting at one of the tables, talking to a guy dressed in preppy clothes, who seemed like Dom.
"Dom?" Skye called out, seeing if the guy who turn his head.
He did. He was really surprised to see Skye. She took a good look at his face since he was wearing reading glasses and his hair was out and gelled to one side. He was exactly who she thought he was: Dominic Westwood.
"What are you doing here?" Skye asked.
"Skye, I didn't expect to see you," said Dom, leaning back into his chair.
"Well, you did tell me to get you some food."
"Yeah, but I thought you were gonna get some at one of the shops across from your place."
"I was but someone found a booger in their croissant so they shut down the whole cafe at my street. Who is she?"
Dom glanced at the girl, who was glaring without a blink at Skye. "Oh, um, that's my sister."
"She's black."
"That's my stepsister."
"I'm not your stepsister," the girl said to Dom.
"Then who are you?" asked Skye.
"I'm Dana, his date."
Skye then looked at Dom. "She's your date?"
Dom began to stutter. "I-- Um-- Uh--"
"And why are you dressed like this? You look like you came out of Caddyshack."
"It's laundry day?"
"It's not laundry day! I bet you're dressed like this because... that's how she wanted you to dress."
"Was it that obvious?"
"Yup."
"Fine, if you want the truth, Skye, then here it is: I asked out Dana and she said she only went out with preps so I decided to show the side of me that no one knows."
"But why would you ask her out if you have me?"
"I thought our relationship was open. But I wasn't going to pursue anything serious with her."
"You weren't?" asked Dana, glaring at Dom.
"No, that's not true."
"So you wanted to be in a relationship with her?" asked Skye.
"Well, I-- I, uh-- Alright, so what? I can't have the best of both worlds?"
"No, you can't because I gave up everything I liked just to be with you. Do you even want to be with me?"
"Of course, I do. You're an amazing kisser."
"That's all you like about me? You know what? Don't answer that. I thought I liked you because you were exactly like me. Now I don't want to be with you because I don't want to be with somebody who's anything like me."
"I was like you?"
"Screw you." Skye took one of the sandwiches from her plastic bag and unwrapped it. Without hesitating, she smashed the whole thing on top of Dom's head. She smeared the meats, cheeses and sauces in his hair until there was nothing left. Dom was utterly disgusted and shocked.
Inspired by what Skye did, Dana took the lid off of her coffee cup and splashed the coffee all over Dom's face. He closed his eyes shut as his glasses fell off into his lap. He screamed into his hands and his entire body shook.
"That coffee was hot, Dana!" he yelled.
"My bad," she said in singsong. She got up and faced Skye, holding onto the blue handbag on her shoulder.
"That was cool," Skye commented.
"Thank you. You wanna hang out?"
"No." Skye immediately left the cafe.
"That's fine," Dana muttered, still standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment