Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Skye is Falling (Part 1) (Chapter 5)

"Jeffrey, we need to break up," Skye spilled.
Jeffrey scrunched his forehead. "What?"
"We need to break up."
Jeffrey awkwardly chuckled. "Are you serious?"
"Is there another way to break up with you seriously?"
Jeffrey lost his smile. One could look into his eyes through his big glasses and tell that he was crushed. "You're breaking up with me?"
"Yeah. But don't worry; it's not you, it's me."
"How so?"
"Well, I don't love you the way you love me."
"You don't love me?"
"Is that really much of a surprise?"
"Not really but I didn't think you would ever admit it."
"Me, neither but last night, I realized that I couldn't be with you if I didn't love you back."
"Skye, it's okay if you don't love me. I know you care about me and that's all I want from you."
"Is it, Jeffrey? Is it?"
No sound came out of Jeffrey's mouth.
"Look, you deserve a girl who's gonna love you back. I'm just not that type of girl."
"But I love you, Skye."
"Stop saying that! Don't say that to me when you know I can't say it to you."
"But... it's true."
"I know it's true. I'm very aware of that. I just can't be around that truth. I'm doing it for your own good, Jeffrey. So no if's, and's, or but's, I'm breaking up with you."
Jeffrey sighed and looked up at the fluorescent-lighted ceiling. "Okay."
"If it will make you feel better, you can tell your friends that you broke up with me."
"No, it's fine. I have nothing to hide."
"I'm so glad that you understand. I guess this is goodbye."
"I guess."
Skye turned around and walked away without looking back at Jeffrey. He soon turned around and walked the other way. As Skye was about to exit the hall, Dom came out of corner and was surprised to see her.
"Hey, you!" he smiled.
"Hey, Dom," Skye smiled back.
Jeffrey heard the commotion and stopped walking. He turned around and saw Dom put his arm around Skye's shoulders.
"So I know something that'll make you happy," said Dom.
"What?" Skye asked.
"I got two tickets to see Twenty One Pilots."
"Oh! I love that band."
"Who doesn't?"
As the couple walked away together, they started singing:

I'm falling so I'm taking my time
On my ri-i-ide
Oh-whoa-oh

Jeffrey watched the couple disappear from the hallway in shock and disbelief. He shook his head and continued walking the other way. How could he have let the one he loved go into someone else's arms?

No comments:

Post a Comment