Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Not Meant to Sit on Babies (Chapter 3)

After Debra arrived, she and Lizzie decided to spend time with Dallas in the living room. Debra was holding Dallas, making him stand up on the couch cushions. While Lizzie was making funny faces and tickling Dallas, she heard the doorbell ring.
"Who could that be?" she asked.
"Did you order pizza or something?" asked Debra.
"No, I don't think so."
"How can you not remember?"
"I don't know. Look, just in case it is, can you go get my wallet from my room?"
"Sure." Debra got up and ran upstairs.
The doorbell rang again.
"Coming!" Lizzie shouted. She placed Dallas on the back corner of the seat so he wouldn't be too close to the edge.
She ran out of the living room into the lobby to get to the door. She opened it, revealing Andrea outside with her two younger sisters by her side.
"Hey, Andrea!"
"Hey, Lizzie," Andrea responded.
        "What are you doing here?"
"Oh, I got this date with Niles Hawkins from the gym where I box."
"I thought you like Randall."
"Uh, please, Randall is not going to ask me out for dinner, especially any time soon."
"I guess that's true. But why are you here?"
"See, my parents decided to go on a date on the same day as my date so I need somebody to watch Linda and Krista. And Linda recommended that we should go to you. Is that okay? I mean, do you think your parents will mind?"
"My parents aren't here."
"Fantastic." Andrea pushed her two sisters inside the house. "I'll be back in about two hours, girls. If I don't come back by then, that means I'm having a better time than I expected."
"Do you mean that sexually?" asked Krista, the thirteen-year-old sister.
"Goodbye, girls." Andrea closed the door as she left.
"Bye!" Lizzie screamed, being an inch away from the door. She then looked down at the girls, who looked like tiny clones of Andrea. "So how are you girls doing?" she grinned.
"Good," answered Krista.
"I'm passing math," Linda added, smiling and holding her hands from behind.
"Oh, terrific!" said Lizzie. "I can never undertake those triangles. Do they all have to be one-hundred-eighty degrees?"
Debra slowly walked down the steps with a red, patent wallet in her hand. She stopped in the middle. "Where's the pizza guy?" she asked.
"Oh, that wasn't a pizza guy. It was Andrea and she was dropping her sisters off. Ooh, I forgot to tell her you were here."
Debra giggled awkwardly as she continued to walk down the stairs. "Uh, Lizzie, are you sure you can take care of all these kids?"
"Of course, Debs. I'm a grown adult. Besides, these kids can take care of themselves and you're here with me so nothing can really go wrong."
Suddenly, a thud was heard. The four girls motioned their eyes to the living room and made their way towards it. On the floor by the couch was Dallas, on his back, crying. The girls gasped.
"That's a baby!" said Krista with raised eyebrows.
Lizzie moaned and picked up Dallas, bouncing him gently in her arms.
"Why did you leave the baby by himself?" asked Debra.
"I don't know," said Lizzie. "I didn't think he was going to fall off the couch."
"This is what I was afraid of." Debra took a good look at Dallas.
Leroy walked out of the kitchen with a sandwich on a plate. He entered the living room, stopping behind the girls. "What is all that noise?" he asked. He started to notice Linda, who happens to be his crush. "Oh, hey, sweet thing," he said to her.
Linda slowly turned around, not wanting to see Leroy. "Oh, no," she said.
"Oh, yeah."
Krista said, "Oh, God."
Debra said, "Oh, frick."
And Lizzie said, "Oh, baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment