Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Skye is Falling (Part 1) (Chapter 4)

On Friday, the day the essay was due, most of the students in Skye's English class turned in their papers. Skye turned in the paper with only her name on it so Dom would not get any credit. A few days later, the students received a grade for their essays. Skye got an A-, which made her happy. However, she learned that Dom got the A as well since they were supposed to be partners of the essay. Skye's happiness turned into anger and she realized that she absolutely hated Dom.
The next night, while Skye was sleeping, she heard constant tapping on her window. She woke up, all groggy, and clumsily got out of bed. She walked over to the window and grabbed the string of the blinds. She pulled on it, ascending the blinds, revealing Dom outside of her window. She was obviously not happy about that. She unlocked the window and pushed it up.
"Hey," Dom said.
"Dom, what are you doing here?" Skye asked, almost screaming.
"Shh! I wanted to talk to you."
"Couldn't you have talked to me earlier today or yesterday?"
"I didn't think you'd have wanted to talk to me."
"So you thought if I was tired and dazed, I'd be easier to talk to?"
"Yeah."
"Well, you're wrong." Skye reached for the window but Dom got in her way by sitting on the sill.
"Wait, wait, wait a minute," he pleaded. "Just hear me out. I know you're mad that I got an A on our essay."
"My essay."
"Your essay. And you have every right to be mad. I didn't deserve that A. I don't deserve that A."
"I know you don't."
"So because of that, I'm gonna tell Mrs. Woodbridge that you wrote the entire essay."
"Yeah, right."
"I'm serious. You deserve more than an A minus. Like you said, I'm just a loser who doesn't know how to do anything."
"I wasn't lying."
"Yeah. So I'm gonna confess to her about my lack of provision and take the F. I'm used to failing anyway."
"You would actually do that for me?"
"Of course."
Skye slightly smiled. "Thanks."
"No problem. I just don't want you to hate me."
"Why?"
"Because you're cool. You're different than any other girl I've met. I want to get to know you."
"You do?"
"Yeah, you're fearless, you're stern, you got a great fashion sense."
Skye snickered.
"You're perfect."
"I'm not perfect."
"Well, you are to me."
Suddenly yet slowly, Dom closed his eyes and started leaning towards Skye. She just stood there with eyes as wide as the Sun. Then, eventually, Dom pressed his lips on Skye's lips. After a couple of seconds, he pulled away. He opened his eyes and saw Skye's reaction, which was pretty much the same.
"Oh, I'm sorry," he regretted. "I didn't mean to do that. Maybe I should leave--"
Skye interrupted Dom by grabbing his face and kissing him back. Dom got off the window sill and entered Skye's bedroom as they kept necking. The two sat down on the bed, still making out. Then Skye pulled away.
"You really think I got a great fashion sense?" she asked.
"Yeah, it's rad," Dom smiled.
"Don't I know it."
The two went back to making out, embracing each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment