Thursday, July 17, 2014

Say No to Drugs (Chapter 5)

After the program ended and everybody was released to go to their third period, Madeline was stopped by a few students her age on her way to class.
"Madeline, right?" a short brunette said.
"Yes," Madeline responded.
"Awesome presentation."
"Thank you."
"After that," began the brunette's blonde friend, "I'm certainly not going to do any drugs in my present and future."
"That's good to hear."
Once the two girls have gone, another girl with black hair approached her.
"Hey, Madeline," she greeted. "Great show. You really have a way with words."
"Thank you," replied Madeline.
After that girl left, Madeline was approached by the smoking suspects, Bill, Aidan and Sheila.
"Nice program, Margaret," commented Bill.
"Yeah, that slideshow at the end really got to me," added Aidan.
"That's nice to hear," said Madeline. "And it's Madeline."
"Oh, sorry," said Bill.
"You know what?" inquired Aidan. "I've been lately getting sick of smoking pot. I'm going to do what truly makes me feel good, which is collecting seashells off the beach."
"Dude, can I collect shells with you?"
"Of course, Billy!"
The two boys hugged each other walked away with Sheila lingering by Madeline.
"Thank you," Sheila said, crossing her arms.
"Thank you," Madeline responded.
Sheila nodded and gave Madeline a tiny smile before walking away and catching up to her friends. Afterwards, Madeline's best friends caught up to her.
"Maddie!" started Lizzie. "Your program was fantastic."
"Yeah, it really touched me," commented Andrea.
"That's what I was going for," said Madeline.
"Your program made me not want to do any type of drug ever," admitted Skye.
"If I was abusing drugs before you did your presentation," started Andrea, "that would have made me stop for real. But good things I don't do drugs now; that would have worn out my skin. And I drink too much water for to be doing crack or smoking."
"You got that right, sister," Lizzie agreed.
"I'm so glad that the program really opened your eyes," said Madeline. "I've been always wanting to make a change. So to actually do that is dream come true for me. I just want help as many people as I can."
"That is so inspiring for you to say, Madeline," said Debra. "I've barely see you being so considerate to others."
"Well, I'm considerate and that's the truth."
"Oh, so you would donate half of your money to charity?" asked Skye.
"Let's not get carried away, shall we?"
"Either way, you've been getting so many supporters," remarked Debra. "We heard a bunch of people talking about how motivating you were when we were all leaving the auditorium."
"And we saw the students going up and talking to you," added Andrea.
"Yeah, you're on fire," said Lizzie.
"On fuego!"
"What does that mean?"
"It's so good to get a bunch of supporters who are willing to live a clean life," admitted Madeline. "I didn't expect so much positive feedback so this is life-changing for me."
"I guess that means you're a hero now," said Skye.
"Now I wouldn't say that."
"Well, you should say that. Think about all the people who go to this school who were smoking pot or doing heroin. You have possibly changed their lives with your words."
"Plus, you had some pretty gross pictures on that slideshow," Lizzie commented.
"I might have did change their lives, didn't I?" Madeline nodded. "That's so thrilling to realize."
"I wished I could host a program at this school," said Andrea, looking at her fingernails. "I would change many people's lives as well."
"Speaking about what? How to put on tanning lotion?"
Skye and Lizzie giggled.
"Hey, that is very significant to hundreds of people's lives," said Andrea.
"Yeah, if they want to look like a chocolate bar," replied Skye.
Madeline giggled.
"We really did love your program, Maddie," said Debra. "We really did. I would love to do something that you did one day. I was truly inspired."
"Thank you, Debbie," Madeline grinned. "Thank you, everyone."
"Just keep doing what you do, girl," said Andrea.
Madeline waved to a few girls who were waving to her as they walked by.
"And you're already a celebrity," said Lizzie after turning her head to look at the girls.
"Please, somebody called me Margaret today," replied Madeline. "But it's all worth it. I changed those teenagers' lives and many others. I wish to do more in the future."
"You go, girl," said Andrea.
"Yeah, you might become the president of the United States one day," said Debra.
"Well, let's not get carried away," said Skye.
The girls laughed as Madeline shook her head but playfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment