Saturday, July 26, 2014

Girls Like Nerds (Chapter 5)

Afterwards, Skye had already made it to the dance. She was having fun with her date, Jude, as they danced to the song, "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado in ballroom style. They laughed and smiled at each other throughout their dancing.
"Skye, can I ask you a question?" asked Jude.
"Sure, buddy," responded Skye.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
Skye stood still. "Come again?"
"It's just that I like you very much. And we're having so much fun, more than we usually do."
"That is not false."
"But if you don't like me back, I'll totally understand."
"You know what? You're not bad, Jude. Of course I'll be your girlfriend."
"Alright! Can I kiss you?"
"You can kiss my cheek. Your breath kind of smells like pizza gas."
"I'm not offended."
Jude leaned in and pecked Skye's cheek, making her grin and blush.
"Sweet," Skye's eyes crinkled from her smiling.

Meanwhile, Madeline went to get punch for herself and her date after dancing with him. As she walked into the crowd, she noticed that Denny wasn't standing in the spot that she left him from. She searched further in the gym slowly, calling Denny's name and making sure she didn't spill the drinks in her hands. After one minute, she found Denny, spotting him kissing a girl with dark hair and a tight purple dress.
"Denny?!" Madeline called to capture his attention.
Denny pulled away from the girl to look at Madeline, startled from her shout.
"Josie?" Madeline identified the girl.
"That's my friend, Madeline," Denny introduced her to Josie.
"And his date! What are you doing kissing Josie?"
"Oh, my date, Peyton, dumped me to get back with his girlfriend," answered Josie for Denny. "And Dexter came over and told Peyton off, telling him how special I am."
"It's Denny," corrected Denny.
"I know. Otherwise, it was very sweet of him."
"Yeah, he's a sweetheart, isn't he?" Madeline questioned sarcastically. "Denny, you're my date."
"And?" responded Denny.
"And? You're supposed to be with me."
"Madeline, you're my date but we're not dating."
"That shouldn't matter! You're supposed to be with me. I didn't spend twenty-five dollars and thirty-five cents on this dress so nobody could admire it."
"Well, I'm sorry, Madeline. But Josie is hot."
"So am I! So what? You're just going to leave me?"
"Sorry?"
"Okay, I understand."
"Thank you for understanding."
"Yeah, whatever."
Madeline walked away from the new couple and deep into the gym to find her friends. Luckily, she discovered her friends near the corner grouped together. They waved to Madeline as she approached them.
"Hey, Maddie," greeted Debra. "We just began waiting for you but it didn't seem to take you so long. Where's Denny?"
"Sucking face with Josie," answered Madeline.
"I thought Josie rejected him as a date," said Lizzie.
"Well, she likes him now. Only to make him leave me, that cheater."
"You guys weren't even together," noted Andrea.
"Well, it's the same thing."
"Sorry things didn't work out with your date," said Debra.
"It's okay. I liked him--"
"Just not in that way," said the rest of the girls. "We know!"
"Jeez, man."
"You know what, Maddie?" started Andrea. "You have proved to me and all of our friends that you're shallow. Getting jealous of somebody as hot as Josie taking the date you didn't want shows worry. And worry shows chillness, meaning that you didn't mind having Denny as your date for the night. So congratulations, you like being next to a boy who doesn't look like Channing Tatum."
"Channing Tatum's married, by the way," noted Skye.
"I know that, Skye," said Madeline. "At least I have you girls. Now my night can't be ruined."
"That's nice to hear, Maddie," said Andrea. "Ooh! I have news."
"Is it weather-related?" asked Lizzie.
Andrea squinted here eyes at Lizzie. "No. Kevin Christie, the guy of all hotness, asked me to be his girlfriend."
"No way!" Madeline responded. "What did you say?"
"I said si!"
"That means 'yes', right?" inquired Lizzie.
"Yes!"
"Oh, my God!"
The girls squealed altogether in excitement.
"It's the truth," Andrea grinned. "He likes me. He really like me."
"Oh, I'm so happy for you, Andrea," said Debra.
"Thanks. He's muy caliente! Now I'm his little mami."
"You guys will last forever," said Madeline.
"As long as he's nothing like Tad, he's a keeper," said Lizzie.
"I don't want to steal your 'spotlight'," started Skye, "but Jude asked me the same thing."
"Get out of town!" Andrea squealed.
"You like him like that?" asked Debra.
"Yes, apparently," replied Skye.
"Oh, good for you, Skye," said Lizzie.
"Girls, this is the beginning of a new chapter," said Madeline.
As the girls agreed, they heard a new song that came on, made possible by the DJ, known as "On The Floor" sung by Jennifer Lopez.
When Andrea heard the song, she started moving her hips. "Oh, this is my song," she confessed.
"Ooh, I love Mario Lopez," commented Lizzie.
"It's Jennifer Lopez," corrected Madeline.
"Oh, that makes sense."
"On the block, we call her J-Lo," said Andrea. Then she started singing along, "Let me introduce you to my party people in the club."
Then the girls started dancing along, dancing in their own ways together. They spun, jumped around and wiggled their hips. They also laughed and sung along and never stopped being themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment