Friday, July 25, 2014

Girls Like Nerds (Chapter 4)

One week after, the Easter dance began at seven O'clock on a Friday night. The girls had already pick out their formal dresses and applied their faces with desired makeup. They each were all ready for the dance. Madeline, Andrea and Debra met up outside the school and head inside together, all looking fabulous in their own way.
"Are you meeting Kevin inside the school?" asked Madeline.
"Yep," answered Andrea. "I should've made him wait forever for me."
"Well, it's a good thing you arrived early. I want to at least talk to... as much of you as possible before we separate."
"Why couldn't we just go to the dance altogether?" asked Debra. "That way, we wouldn't have dates; we would just have each other."
"Because everybody would think we're lesbians."
"We could just tell them we're not lesbians," said Andrea.
"Oh, it's not that simple."
"Wait, how would a bunch of people think we're lesbians if there's five of us?" questioned Debra.
"That you wouldn't understand, Debra."
"Debra has a point," commented Andrea. "If we all just hanged out together, you wouldn't express your shallowness towards your date, Denny."
"I am not shallow! I just don't want to date him."
"No one said you had to date him," replied Debra.
"Plus, you asked him out," added Andrea.
"Look, I like Denny--" started Madeline.
"But you don't like him in that way. We know!"
"Nevertheless, we can still enjoy this dance without each other," said Debra.
"That's right," agreed Andrea. "You guys are smothering me."
Debra and Madeline laughed. Afterwards, Debra turned her head when she heard talking of a familiar voice.
"Hey, there's Lizzie," noticed Debra.
Andrea and Madeline turned their heads as well. They spotted Lizzie, in a pale yellow dress, with her date, supposedly Tad, by the parking spots in front of the school.
"She did say Tad was driving her," said Madeline.
"Look how his hands are all over Lizzie," Andrea commented.
"Lizzie's smart. She'll find out what this guy really wants."
Lizzie, from afar, waved at the girls as she saw them. The girls waved back. They witnessed Lizzie talking her date as he embraced her, making her stay with him as he talked to his friends by his green car.
"When is Skye coming?" asked Debra.
"I don't know," answered Madeline. "She did say she was picking Jude up."
"Skye is so masculine...," said Andrea, "not in that way, though."
"That wouldn't make sense anyway. Skye's a Virgo."
The three girls continued to walk to go inside the school. When they entered, Andrea's date, Kevin, popped from the corner.
"Hello, Andrea," he greeted.
"Hi," replied Andrea, putting her hand on her hip.
"Hello, girls."
"Hi, Kevin," Debra and Madeline responded together.
"You look stunning," Kevin said to Andrea.
"Thanks," Andrea responded. "I always do."
"Let's go."
"Yes, let's."
Kevin interlocked his arm with Andrea's arm, leading her to the gymnasium, which was where the dance took place.
"He's cute," admitted Debra, about Kevin.
"I've seen better," said Madeline.
"Why? Because he doesn't look like Channing Tatum?"
"Debra!" called out a chubby boy, peaking his head out of the gymnasium entrance.
"Billy, you're here!" Debra gasped in happiness.
"I got you punch," Billy showed his arm which held a clear cup of fruit punch, spilling a bit as he held his arm out too quickly. "Sorry."
"He got me punch," Debra whispered to Madeline. "See you later."
Debra walked away to her date, Billy, in the gymnasium.
"Well, I guess I better go to the dance now," Madeline said to herself, nervously. "Don't be shallow, Madeline!"
She walked towards the entrance of the gymnasium and entered it, looking left and right for her date. She walked further into the scattered crowd until she saw Denny see her. They walked more closer to each other.
"Hello, Madeline," greeted Denny.
"Hi ya, Denny," Madeline greeted back.
"You look astonishing."
"Thank you. I try to be astonishing. You-- You look like James Bond."
"Is that considered 'hot'?"
"Well, I don't really think James Bond is that attractive. But you do so yeah, it's hot."
"Thank you. I'm the luckiest guy here. You could've asked out any guy you wanted."
"Well, we're friends and you were single and I was single and I like you so I had to make it happen. Well, I don't like you, like you. We're friends."
"I get it. I completely get it."
"Listen, I don't think you're mentally challenged."
"I'm not."
"I know. You deserve better."
"It's okay. I don't like you like that."
"Thank you for your honesty. I'm going to hug you."
"And I won't stop you."
Madeline giggled. She squeezed Denny who hugged back for a short time.
"Now... we dance," Madeline said in an almost guttural tone.
"Of course. But first, let me fix my underpants."
Denny started digging into his dress pants and started wiggling.
"Oh, brother," Madeline said quietly to herself as she looked around.

Meanwhile, Lizzie had already entered the dance and started slow-dancing with her date, Tad, to the song, "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler, played by the DJ in the gym.
"I love this song so much," admitted Lizzie. "I love Steven Tyler."
"I think it's Bonnie Tyler," corrected Tad.
"Oh! That's why I hear a woman's voice."
"You're so cute." Tad slowly moved his hands from Lizzie's back to her bottom.
"Whoa!" Lizzie uttered, grabbing Tad's wrists and placing them on her back. "My back's not right there."
"I know."
"Well, then, know." Lizzie put her hands back on Tad's shoulders.
Still, Tad moved his hands down to Lizzie's bottom. It made Lizzie back up quickly.
"I said 'know'!" she said.
"Come on, you got a big butt."
"Then get sprung!"
"Liz', I like you very much. Just let me touch your butt."
"No!"
"Then let me touch your boobs."
"No!"
"Why not?"
"Because I am a lady and ladies don't get touched in their lady parts by non-ladies."
"Come on, Lizzie, I have needs. And men need to find women who can fulfill those needs."
"Well, I'm not that type of woman."
"How can you not be when you dress like a skank all the time?"
Lizzie gasped. She slapped Tad across his cheek forcefully.
"Do that again," he said, not fazed.
"Ew!" Lizzie uttered before walking away from Tad.

No comments:

Post a Comment