Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Girls Like Nerds (Chapter 3)

Three days later, the girls met up at the Village Mall as they rearranged to go to days back. They first went to the Faerie Ball store, which was full of dresses, perfect for them to be at as they need dresses to go to the Easter dance.
Madeline grazed her hand on the puffy dresses from one of the racks. "I am going out with Denny Winchester," she sighed.
"Something wrong with that?" asked Andrea.
"Oh, no, no. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just that he is one of the last people I thought I would go out with."
"Who are the other 'last people'?" asked Lizzie.
"Anyone who doesn't have one characteristic of Channing Tatum."
"It's not like you're going out with him," said Skye. "You're just going to this one dance with him."
"Yeah, but what if he starts to like me? Do you know how likeable I am?"
"No," Andrea joked in response.
"Don't get ahead of yourself, Maddie," Skye remarked.
"I'm serious," added Madeline. "I don't want to date Denny. I don't feel the same way."
"You don't want to date him because you don't feel the same way," started Andrea, "or because he is not 'your type'?"
"Andy, I am not shallow. How many times do I got to say it for you to believe me?"
"A hundred is nice," recommended Lizzie. "It's a big number but not too big."
"What do you mean by 'same way'?" questioned Debra. "You said you didn't know if he likes you."
"I know," said Madeline. "But look at me; I'm hot!"
"Can you say 'conceited'?" smiled Skye.
"Remember: you asked Denny; he didn't ask you," mentioned Debra.
"That doesn't mean I like him," said Madeline. "You guys told me to ask him out."
"You could've said no," Lizzie responded.
"I think you still sound shallow, Madeline," said Andrea.
"You're shallow, too," Madeline replied.
"How so?"
"You didn't ask out Denny."
"That's because Kevin asked me out before I even knew about the dance."
"Hey, isn't that something to talk about?" inquired Lizzie.
"Yeah," replied Skye. "I thought you hated Kevin Christie."
"I didn't say I hated Kevin Christie," Andrea corrected. "I said I was mad at him. But he apologized and now he likes me more than ever."
"How do you know?" asked Debra.
"Because I've been wearing my apple bottom jeans. Boots with the fur."
"The fur!" all of the girls sung as a response to Andrea's line.
"Oh, yeah. And he's been looking. Plus, he hasn't had a girlfriend in a long while, meaning he's been waiting for me."
"Do you think Kevin will ask you to be his girlfriend?" asked Lizzie.
"I don't know. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be 'tied down'. But he would making great choices if he dated me."
"Let's just hope that he doesn't blow up in your face," said Skye.
"Okay. So why are you and Debra taking your 'friends' to the dance?"
"We don't have boyfriends," said Debra.
"Plus, we just don't want to be lonely at the dance," added Skye.
"Trust me," started Madeline. "None of us is going to the dance with a boyfriend."
"Jude is sweet. He is just looking for a good time and he's looking for it with me."
"That didn't sound right to me," Lizzie commented.
"Well, Billy has been my friend forever," said Debra, "and no one would go out with him."
"Aw, really?"
"He's just not that good with girls. I mean, he has other friends who are girls but they all have boyfriends."
"And you don't?" asked Andrea.
"I sadly don't."
"I think that sounds sweet," admitted Lizzie. "They're going to the dance with boys they don't like so they have more fun."
"That doesn't make any sense," said Andrea. "We should have dozens of fun with the boys we do like."
"Dozens? Is that a measurement?"
"Look, we have dates," said Skye, "so we shouldn't make a big deal about taking our friends. Besides, we're friends and we promised to dance with each other before the dance ends."
"You're right," Andrea replied.
"Although, I do have a question for Lizzie."
"What you got for me, Skye High?" asked Lizzie.
"Isn't Tad a bit of a horn-cat?"
"Is that some type of species?"
"No, I'm saying isn't he the kind of guy that 'hits and run'?"
"I don't think he plays baseball."
"I'm talking about sex!"
"Oh, that makes sense. No, I don't think so. He's so nice to me."
"Yeah, so he can butter you up," Madeline added.
"I don't think so. Tad wants a relationship."
"How do you know?" asked Debra.
"Well, when he asked me to the dance, he said, 'You know what, Lizzie? You're the one'. Then he left."
"What does that mean?" asked Andrea.
"It means I'm the one. Duh!"
"To hit, then run," noted Madeline.
"Girls, Tad is not a 'horn-cat'. He is so much deeper than that. Trust me."
"Okay, whatever you say," said Skye.
Debra picked up a bright yellow dress from one of the racks in the store. "Hey, does this dress bring out my eyes?" she asked, holding the dress in front of her.
"No, but it might bring out your breast," responded Madeline, looking at the deep neckline.
"You're going out with Denny," Debra said in spite.
Madeline glared at Debra as she is still unsure about going to the dance with Denny.

No comments:

Post a Comment