Friday, September 11, 2015

Independence Day (Chapter 3)

Once the fourth of July came, the girls were all ready for anything. Madeline got the approval from her friend, Chrissy, to come to her party for Independence Day. So Madeline told the girls before the day came. So in the afternoon, the girls prepared themselves to look like the most fashionable girls that they were. Madeline told them that when they were ready, they could stop by her house so she could just drive them to the bash. Around five, all of the girls have arrived and hung out in Madeline's bedroom.
 "Girls, as much as I want to hang out with you all," started Skye, "but I invited Jeffrey so I might spend most of my time at the party with him."
"That's fine," said Madeline. "It's understandable that you want some alone time with your boyfriend."
"Just because he's my 'boyfriend' doesn't mean you have to call him my boyfriend."
"That's exactly what that means."
"Whatever."
"What would he address himself as?" asked Andrea. "Your pretty pal who you make out with from time to time?"
"That has a ring to it."
Andrea rolled her eyes and chuckled.
"Do you know if Warren will be at the party?" asked Lizzie, interlocking her fingers.
"No but DeMarcus will," responded Madeline.
"De-who-cus?"
"DeMarcus. He was the new quarterback of our school's football team. Rumor has it that he's been eyeing you."
"Why would he be eyeing me if he doesn't know me?"
"Because that's how crushes start. Sometimes love at first sight."
"Oh, I believe in love at first sight. But he can't love me; I don't know him."
"I didn't say he loved you. I'm just saying try to look for him and give him a chance."
Abruptly, muffled Latin music began playing. The girls turned their heads to Andrea as she pulled her cell phone out of her jeans' pocket. She looked at the bright screen and groaned. She answered the call and pressed the phone against her ear.
She said, "Kevin, if you call me again, I'm going to come to your house with a cheese grater."
She hung up then buried her phone in her arms as she crossed them.
"Why would you come to Kevin's house with a cheese grater?" questioned Lizzie. "Are you going to make pizza with him?"
"Sure, Lizzie."
"You still won't forgive Kevin?" asked Debra.
Andrea tucked her phone back into her pocket. "No, he's a dog. And I don't date dogs; I date wolves."
"A wolf is a dog."
"I know what a wolf is."
"If he's calling sixty times a day, maybe he's seriously sorry," said Madeline.
"I don't care if he's sorry. I broke his heart once so I'm not afraid to break it again."
"You can't be angry at him forever."
"Look, maybe one day, one day I'll get back together with him. But it's not now, it's not tomorrow, it's not ever."
"Then how are you going to get back together with him if you won't ever?" asked Lizzie.
"Because-- I don't know. Don't ask me so many questions."
"I asked you two."

No comments:

Post a Comment