Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Independence Day (Chapter 1)

Madeline got up from her neat bed and began dialing on her pink cell phone. She then held the phone up to her ear.
"Hello?" Lizzie responded from the phone.
"You don't sound so excited," said Madeline.
"I'm always excited. Maybe it's because I was eating grapes."
"Probably. So I got some news for you."
"Some new news?"
"That's why they call it 'news'."
"Oh!"
"See, I heard that my not-so-close friend, Chrissy, is throwing an Independence Day party at an open field by the supermarket. So I'm going to call her to see if we're invited. And I know she'll invite us 'cause we're awesome."
"Is the Independence Day party on the fourth of July?"
Madeline scrunched her forehead. "Yes."
"Oh, okay."
"Why? Are you busy that day?"
"Well, I thought we decided to see that movie, 'Syphilis', on July fourth."
"You mean Selfless?"
"The one with Ryan Gosling?"
"Ryan Reynolds."
"They're different people?"
"Look, Lizzie, we can see that movie on your birthday. Doesn't that sound better?"
"Yeah, that's fair."
"Can you tell the rest of the girls about the party? I'm about to take a bath and my skin really needs it."
"Sure, Mads."
"Thanks, Liz'."
"Wait! Ryan Gosling is with Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds is with Eva Mendes, right?"
"It's the other way around."
"Blake Lively is with Eva Mendes?"
"Lizzie, I really got to go."

No comments:

Post a Comment