Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sweet Seventeen (Chapter 2)

Two days later, after school, Madeline committed to a plan on how to give out the rest of her invitations. She had an idea, which was to arrive at the desired people's homes on a horse. So her father was able to rent a horse for her to ride but under the supervision of a horseman. Therefore, with the help of her friends and an equestrian, Madeline took a trip down to her friend Chad's house as she sat on top of a white majestic horse. The rest of the guys walked by the horse to correctly direct it.
"No, everything has to be pastel," she spoke into her cellphone, "mostly pink. The only solid colors used should be black and white but not too much of it. Yes and pink foods only, from salmon to strawberry-frosted cupcakes."
"Salmon?" Andrea scrunched her forehead.
"No pizza!"
"Hang on a second," said Lizzie.
Madeline pressed the phone down on her shoulder.
"You don't want pizza at your party?"
"No, I want pink foods."
"How about pizza with only Canadian bacon on it?" suggested Skye.
"Fine." Madeline put the phone back on her ear. "I change my mind; I want pizza now but with Canadian bacon."
"How am I going to eat the pizza if there's meat on it?" asked Debra.
"Try taking the bacon off," Skye proposed.
"And I want music that I only like," Madeline said. "I prefer the music of pop, pop rock and R&B."
"No hip hop?" questioned Andrea.
"I don't like hip hop," Madeline whispered to Andrea.
"But you like Iggy Azalea and she does hip hop."
"Fine." She spoke into the phone, "Add pop rap to that."
"What the frick is pop rap?"
"It's hip hop," Madeline said to Andrea.
"You didn't say 'hip hop'."
"I don't want the speakers playing 2Chainz."
"Oh, is 2Chainz the guy who did the 'Started from the Bottom' song?" asked Lizzie.
Andrea stared at Lizzie. "Never mind. Play your pop rap."
Madeline went back to the phone. "That's the kind of music I want. I don't mind what years but nothing pass Aretha Franklin."
"You're gonna play Aretha Franklin at your party?"
"Is Aretha Franklin the woman that invented the hot comb?" asked Lizzie.
"Shut up, Lizzie."
"That's all I want," continued Madeline. "I'll call you back when I have more concerns which will probably be in the next ten minutes." She hung up her phone and stuck it in her jeans' pocket.
"Make sure to keep your hands on the reins," instructed the equestrian.
"Yeah, I know." Madeline gripped onto the reins coming from the horse's head.
"Will there be goodie bags?" asked Lizzie.
"Of course. The party is going to be a goodie so why not have bags?"
"What's going to be in the bags?" asked Debra.
"Cash? Expensive jewelry?" Andrea guessed.
"I was thinking more like little toys," admitted Madeline, "but I can always make some changes."
"'You can always' as in 'you will'?"
The equestrian directed the horse into the sidewalk leading to a house. The girls helped the horse walk only on that sidewalk.
Madeline took out the glittery envelope that was tucked in her jeans. "Ooh, we're here! Chad is going to freak!"
"Hands on the reins," reminded the equestrian.
"The horse is stopping."
The girls got the white horse to make a halt a couple of feet away from the house door.
"Ring the doorbell," Madeline ordered the equestrian.
He leered at Madeline before pressing the doorbell to make it ring. After several seconds, the door opened with Chad exposing himself. The equestrian took out a kazoo from his pocket and blew into it.
"Huzzah, all hail Madame Maddie," he said in deadpan.
"Say it like you mean it," Madeline quietly commanded.
"Huzzah, all hail Madame Maddie!" the equestrian said more jovial but in a feign manner.
Chad smiled. "What is all this?"
Madeline held her envelope. "I'm inviting you to my birthday extravaganza. Since I'm a madame, will you be my monsieur?"
"Sure!"
"Fantastic." She handed him the envelope. "Wear something striking."
"You're incredible."
"When am I not?"
"Since you came all the way here on a horse with a jester, I don't know if I should leave."
"Oh, you can leave. I want this to be burned on your memory like a dream."
"Alright. See you at the party."
"See you in a suit."
Chad winked at the grinning Madeline before going back into his house and closing the door.
"Time to get the horse to turn around," said Skye, softly patting the white horse on its side. "Since there are fifty blocks to go."
"I am not a jester," said the equestrian.

No comments:

Post a Comment