Friday, May 8, 2015

The History of BF4E (Chapter 4)

The freshmen were led by their teachers to the auditorium for the talent show. The students were given permission to sit wherever with whoever. So it did not take long for fourteen-year-old Madeline to decide who she wanted to sit with. Individually but quickly, she found Lizzie, Andrea and Debra. They sat together in the middle second row for the first six segments. After each one, they quietly discussed their opinion on them.

"Is magic real?" asked Lizzie.

"No," answered Madeline.

"Uh, I disagree," said Andrea.

"What? Magic is totally fake."

"How do you know?" Lizzie questioned.

"I've seen videos on how to accomplish magic tricks without the use of actual magic."

"That's for amateurs," said Andrea.

"No, it's for anyone or should I say everyone because everyone can't do magic."

"What do you think, Debbie?" asked Lizzie.

"I think anything's real as long as you determine yourself enough," answered Debra.

"Oh, what a way to squirm yourself away from a question," commented Andrea.

The students quieted down once they saw a man walk onto the stage with microphone. "Our next act is a new student," he declared into the microphone. "She says this performance would help introduce herself to the students. She loves rock music so it's not a surprise that the song she's singing is 'Teenagers' by My Chemical Romance. Everyone, give it up for Skye Carter!"

The man walked off the stage clapping, making the audience clap. The red curtains opened, exposing a short girl with pale skin and long blonde hair. She sung immediately into her microphone once the music started playing. Skye sung sweetly along the guitar riff:

They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you
Because they sleep with a gun
And keep an eye on you, son
So they can watch all the things you do
Because the drugs never work
They're gonna give you a smirk
'Cause they got methods to keep you clean
They're gonna rip off your heads
Your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine
They said all

Once the music got louder, Skye started hopping and her voice sounded more confident.

Teenagers scare the living crud out of me
They can care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me
Whoa, yeah

When the bluesy guitar solo hit, she jumped up and down while flipping her hair back and forth. The audience stared at her in a more puzzled way than an impressed way.

They said all
Teenagers scare the living crud out of me
They can care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me
All together now

Teenagers scare the living crud out of me
They can care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

After one pump of her fist as the song ended, the students continued to stare at her. The applause occured but slowly. Skye, feeling a bit embarrassed, walked off behind the curtains.

After the rest of the acts, the students were asked to head to their next classes. Half of them exited from the back while the other half exited through the front doors. The girls happened to leave through the front doors. As they walked together in the lounge, they passed by Skye who was sitting on a bench, wiping her cheeks. Madeline split from her friends and approached the sad Skye. The girls stopped to watch her.

"Hi," Madeline greeted.

Skye sniffled and looked up. "H-Hi."

"I'm Maddie."

"So?"

"I liked your performance."

"No, you didn't."

"If I didn't, then why did I clap?"

"Sympathy."

"Skye, you're an amazing singer. Why are you pushing me away?"

"I'm not. I... I know who I am."

"Well, we don't know who you are," said Lizzie, walking up to the two girls. "I'm sure I would like to know."

Madeline nodded.

"That sounds nice, Paris and Nicole," responded Skye, "but I would like to be left alone."

Suddenly, Madeline was approached by a white boy in a smell jacket with brown, messy hair. "Hey, Madeline," he greeted in an almost deep voice. "I just want to say I'm sorry for smelling your hair earlier. It's just that your hair was in my face and I couldn't control myself."

Madeline looked at the boy then looked at Skye. "It's okay, Sean," she forgived. "Um, did I happen to overhear you earlier about how you needed a singer in your band?"

"Yes."

"Well, I happen to have found the perfect singer for your group." Madeline motioned her hands to the wide-eyed Skye. "I would like you to meet Skye."

"Hey, Skye. You sing?"

"Yeah," answered Skye bashfully.

"Oh, would you like to sing in this band I'm forming."

"Sure. I've always wanted to be in a band."

"Cool. Thanks, Madeline."

Madeline nodded before backing up with Lizzie to be aligned with her friends. Skye stood up to engage in conversation with Sean. But that was soon broken when fourteen-year-old best friends, Pamela and Mauricia, stopped by.

"Nice performance... not," commented Mauricia.

"Yeah, like what was that?" asked Pamela.

"So not cool."

"Definitely so not cool."

"Hey, she did amazing," hissed Andrea. "Beat it!"

"Uh, we can't give our opinion?" questioned Mauricia.

"We have a right to hate, you fake J-Lo," said Pamela.

"Who are you talking to, Miss Nosejob?" Andrea responded.

Skye snickered.

"The only reason my nose got a job in the first place is because you broke it," Pamela explained.

"Don't think I'll break it again, cochina?" Andrea stared deep into Pamela's eyes.

Scared for her, Mauricia pulled Pamela away by interlocking her arm with hers. Andrea crossed her arms and broke eye contact, flipping her hair over her shoulder using her head.

"Thank you," Skye smiled, looking at all the girls. She walked away, out of the lobby, with Sean while conversing with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment