Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The History of BF4E (Chapter 1)

"Pick your seats, kids," declared the full-figured, brunette teacher. "Class will begin soon. Just pick your seat."

A small girl was already sitting in one of the small tables. The rest of the kids in the classroom were standing around until the teacher said something. They all scrambled, filling as many empty tables as they can. The small girl, with marble skin and golden ringlets, waited for someone to sit at her table. But it seemed like they were all avoiding her, making the girl feel sad. But eventually, the last girl to sit down chose to sit with the blonde girl. The blonde girl's posture improved and her attitude lightened. It is possible that the cheery attitude coming from the girl with inky hair and big, brown eyes rubbed off on the blonde one.

"Hi," greeted the brunette.

"Hi," the blonde girl responded.

"I'm Elizabeth but my parents call me Lizzie."

"I'm Madeline."

"Ooh, long name. That's probably why my parents call me Lizzie."

"Probably."

"Is this your first day?"

"Um, I think this is everybody's first day."

"Cool."

Madeline rolled her eyes.

"I like your bracelet."

Madeline looked down at her wrist. "Thank you."

"Is it made out of macaroni?"

"Yeah, I made it last year in Pre-K."

"What type of macaroni is it?"

Madeline's face stiffened. "I don't know."

"Cool."

"Are you new?"

"Yeah. I'm from Italy."

"Oh, I'm from Canada."

"Is that in Italy?"

"No."

"That explains why I've never seen you."

"Have you seen anyone here before?"

"No."

"That's why."

"Is everybody here from Canada?"

"Boy, you are stupid. But you're a kid so you're supposed to be stupid."

"But you're smart for your age. Wait, how old are you?"

"Three."

"Me, too! I think."

"You don't know how old you are?"

"Uh, I said I think I'm three. So I know."

"No, you don't."

"Are you my friend now?"

"Well, something tells me I'm going to be stuck with you for a long time. So, yeah, I'm your friend."

"Cool! Can I have your animal crackers?"

Madeline looked down at her plastic bag full of cookies. "Why?"

"Because you're my friend and friends share, I was told."

"What happens if I tell you no?"

"Then I'll forgive you."

"Then no."

"I forgive you." Lizzie put her hand on Madeline's shoulder.

She hugged her with Madeline having a baffled look on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment