Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Skye's The Limit (Chapter 5)

"I am so glad you guys came!" smiled Skye, picking her cup of punch up from the dining room table.
"Why wouldn't we?" asked Madeline. "We're your friends and we should support you."
"We started realizing how important this was for you," said Lizzie, "and we didn't want to let you down."
"And even this party isn't much of a big deal," Andrea commented, "it's a big deal to you and we're sorry for even thinking about not coming."
"How insincere the first part sounded," Skye smiled, "but I know you have meaning so thank you."
"Do you forgive us?" asked Debra.
Skye sighed. "Of course I do. You're my girls."
"Oh, let's hug!" Lizzie grinned.
The girls group-hugged, letting the weight lift off their shoulders.
After releasing, Debra commented to Skye, "You sounded so good!"
"Thank you, but I am nothing without my band," said Skye.
"Well, does your band have a fan page on Facebook?" asked Andrea. "Because if they do, I am 'liking' it!"
"I think you will gain plenty of fans after this party," said Madeline.
"We do rock," Skye smiled.
"And you probably have enough money to buy that synthesizer," said Lizzie. "Thanks to me."
"Thanks to you?"
"Yeah, that Phil guy asked for twenty dollars; I gave him twenty-one dollars."
"Oh, Lizzie," Skye smiled but said in deadpan, "that's so sweet of you."
"I know, right?"
"Girls, whether or not my band does buy that synthesizer, I would still have something money can't buy: friends."
"Aw!" uttered Andrea. "That's cheesy, but aw!"
"Oh, Madeline," Lizzie whispered, "Sean is coming."
Madeline turned her head and tilted it back where her eyes were looking at the ceiling. "Aw, geez," she moaned.
Sean walked up to Madeline and rested his guitar by its head on the floor. "Hey, Madeline," he smiled while resting his arm on the top of the guitar.
"Hi, Sean," Madeline greeted.
"Don't you mean, 'Clumsy Idiot'?"
Madeline giggled awkwardly. "I guess so."
"So how-- how did-- how did you like the performance?"
"It was good."
"Yeah, it was because-- because I play guitar."
"I know, Sean."
Skye snickered to herself. Her snickering made the other girls want to laugh.
"Well, I'm going to go," said Sean.
"Okay," Madeline nodded.
"I'm going to leave now."
"Okay. Goodbye, Sean."
"Bye. I love you."
He picked up his guitar and rushed past the girls. He dropped his guitar after the second he ran, but scooped it up clumsily and managed to disappear out of the girls' sight.
Andrea slowly looked at Madeline, who had a confused look on her face. "Looks like somebody has a boyfriend now."
"Skye, go and tell him that I don't like him," said Madeline in a high-pitched voice.
"I would but I don't want to break his heart," Skye giggled. "You should tell him yourself."
"Ugh, I don't like hurting people's feelings."
"Yet you do that all the time," Andrea mentioned.
"Hey, I said I didn't like it. I didn't say it wasn't easy."
Skye laughed. "Don't worry, Maddie. I tell him you don't like him. I was planning to set him up with somebody anyway."   
"Really?" asked Madeline. "With who?"
"Lizzie."
"What?" Lizzie responded loudly.
"I'm kidding, Liz'," Skye laughed. "I was going to set him up with one of my not-so-close friends."
"Well, that's nice, Skye," said Madeline.
"You're so sweet," Lizzie added.
"It smells like throw-up in here," Debra threw out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment