Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Skye's The Limit (Chapter 3)

On a Monday afternoon, it was lunchtime for the girls at school. Madeline arrived in the cafeteria last as she usually does and sat down at the table that the girls sat in every day. The girls greeted her as usual.
"Hello, my sisters," she greeted back.
"Oh, did you and Skye have that 'talk'?" asked Debra.
"Yeah, "Madeline answered, laying her lunch bag down on the table, "and everything's fine."
"And it wasn't a 'talk-talk'," said Skye. "There was no confrontation."
"But you did ignored her calls, Skye," mentioned Debra.
"I was rehearsing," Skye defended herself.
"You didn't call her back," said Lizzie.
"I answered when she called me on Saturday."
"But she called you on Friday," said Andrea. "And I know if you ignored my calls five times on the same day, it would be goin' down."
"I have no idea what that means."
"It means I would beat you like a punching bag."
"It doesn't matter," said Madeline. "I called, we talked, we understood. It's basically something that we don't need to talk about."
"But we're talking about it," Lizzie said quietly.
"Then let's not."
"Okay," said Skye, "since we're pushing the subject aside, I have some news."
The girls lifted their heads up to look at Skye.
"My friend, Sean, is throwing a party at his house. And at his party, A New Yesterday will be performing in the garage."
"Like a little concert?" Debra questioned.
"Yeah. We're doing covers and it will epic. But we need feedback. So will you guys come?"
The girls paused in silence, thinking.
"The party's on Friday," she added.
"But I thought we were going bowling again on Friday," said Lizzie.
"No, I said whatever you guys are doing next Friday, I'll be there," Skye corrected. "But they say it's better sooner than later. And Friday is a perfect day to have a party. So... will you guys come?"
The girls continued to think in silence.
"Gonna leave me hanging again?" she responded.
"It's at Sean's house?" asked Madeline.
"Yeah."
"Sean kind of creeps me out."
"So he has a little crush on you. Big deal."
"Wait, it's a crush?"
"What artists will your band be covering?" asked Andrea.
"Let's see," Skye said to herself. "Boys Like Girls--"
"I don't know who that is."
"Yellowcard--"
"Don't know who that is either."
"Fall Out Boy--"
"Oh, I know who that is."
"Yeah?"
"I'm not into them."
"Come on, guys," Skye put her hands up. "None of you are considering going to my band's party?"
"Sorry, Skye, but I am looking forward doing whatever we were going to do on Friday," said Lizzie.
"What if you guys were going to do nothing on Friday?"
"Then we'd come to your party," said Debra. "But I don't know."
"Come on, guys," Skye whined. "All you have to do is come, bring twenty dollars and--"
"Wait, twenty dollars?" Madeline interrupted.
"For what?" asked Andrea.
"For a synthesizer," answered Skye.
"I don't know, Skye," said Andrea. "I'm on a budget."
"You don't know what that means."
"Well, I don't have money for you!"
"Girls, if you don't want to come to the party, just say no."
"No," all of the girls said in unison.
Skye scrunched her forehead. "Alright. If you guys don't want to come, then don't come."
"Are you mad?" asked Lizzie.
"No, I shouldn't drag you to a place that you don't want to go. If you don't want to come, then don't come."
Debra leaned towards Madeline, who was right beside her. "I think she is mad," she whispered.
"Like a beaver with rabies!" Skye snapped, hearing what Debra had said.

No comments:

Post a Comment