Sunday, April 6, 2014

Hearts At The Fountain (Chapter 5)

A few days later, on a cloudy afternoon, the girls waited for Andrea to enter the cafeteria as she was not as early as usual. When she did enter, she approached the girls, sporting a big bandage stuck on the side of her forehead.
"Hey, Andy," greeted Lizzie, once Andrea sat down in her spot of the table. "How's your head?"
"It's doing well," sighed Andrea. "I get a few headaches here and there. But I'm dynamite."
"You exploded on that stage like dynamite," said Skye.
Lizzie and Debra snickered.
"Well, you girls know I have a bit of a... anger issue," said Andrea, quietly.
"Then see a counselor," Madeline remarked.
"Madeline, I am so sorry for the way I acted," Andrea apologized. "I just didn't want my boyfriend to fall in love with you."
"But I told you: I don't want your boyfriend."
"I know. And I'm sorry. I should have never tried to ruin the play like that and embarrass you."
"You didn't just embarrass her," mumbled Lizzie. "You embarrassed the whole directory."
"Thank you, Liz'," Andrea said, sarcastically. "I'll remember to include that in the letter I'll be writing in detention."
"You got detention?" asked Debra.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I? I jumped on the stage unannounced and attempted to fight two guys."
"Then it makes sense."
"Are you truly sorry, Andrea?" Madeline questioned.
"Truly," Andrea responded.
"Then apology accepted."
"Aw!" Debra uttered. "You guys made up. Now we can move on."
"So what happened with Nicky?" asked Madeline.
"I told him we should stay friends," Andrea said. "The way I acted, I didn't think he would have wanted to stay with me for a long time. Plus, he wasn't caramel enough."
"I thought you said that 'caramelo' means 'candy'," Skye jumped in.
"Don't tell me how to speak English, either!"
"Maybe he was more caramel-flavored," Lizzie said.
"That's right."
"You guys are so weird," Skye muttered.
"It's kind of weird that you broke up with Nicky instead of the other way around," said Madeline. "Like he didn't say how he felt about the 'play-crashing'?"
"Yeah, he did," answered Andrea. "He said it was embarrassing, it was uncalled for, and a bit of idiotic. But it showed that I cared about him and I'm really attractive when I'm crazy."
"So he didn't like the act but liked the act at the same time?" Lizzie asked.
"Pretty much."
"Then you should've kept him," said Skye.
"Don't worry, Andy," said Madeline. "You'll find your dream guy one day. Y él será un dulce mirar."
"Mi propio pedazo de caramelo," Andrea responded.
Andrea and Madeline laughed together while the other girls looked at them with confused expressions, not comprehending a word they were saying.
"But seriously," Madeline stopped laughing, "see a counselor."

No comments:

Post a Comment