Sunday, April 27, 2014

Andrea's New Boyfriend (Chapter 2)

The next day, the girls had their lunch period at school. They all waited for Andrea as she would usually be at the cafeteria before the other girls would arrive. They sat at their table wondering when she would come for almost five minutes. She later arrived to the cafeteria, walking towards the girls arm-in-arm with a handsome, tan-skinned boy.
"Hey, girls," she greeted.
The girls greeted back in a dazed manner.
"This is my boyfriend, Ricardo Iglesias," she continued.
"I love it when you say my full name," said Ricardo.
"I say it for you, baby."
"Nice to meet you, Ricardo," smiled Madeline.
"Nice to meet you, too--" responded Ricardo before Andrea cut him off politely to introduce her friends.
"That's Madeline." She pointed at the girls individually, "And that's Lizzie, Debra and Skye."
"Well, nice to meet you all," Ricardo said.
"Oh, I think I've seen you before," said Debra. "Aren't you in the school newspaper a lot?"
"Yes, I am," he answered. "I play football."
"He's the team's best player," added Andrea. "His awesome skills get him into the newspaper every time."
"I love how you appreciate my football skills," said Ricardo.
"I love them for you, baby."
Skye stared at the happy couple in a blank expression.
"That is why you look so familiar," said Lizzie. "I like football. I go to the games with Andrea almost every month. That's probably why our team wins every game, right?"
"No, that is always why our team wins every game," Andrea responded for her boyfriend.
Lizzie stopped smiling and made a face to herself.
"So Ricardo, don't you want to sit down with us?" asked Madeline.
"I want to," said Ricardo.
"But he can't," Andrea finished his statement. "He took a bathroom pass to come and see me. Isn't that so sweet?"
"Yeah," responded Lizzie, "but wouldn't you get into trouble?"
"Yeah," Ricardo answered, "but it will be totally worth it. As long as I get to see my baby."
"Aw!" Andrea uttered. "I'm his baby."
She squeezed Ricardo as he kissed her on the cheek.
"Yes, you are," Debra said blandly.
"So Ricardo, since we're going to be friends, can I call you Ricky?" asked Skye.
"No!" Andrea responded.
Skye flinched and scrunched her forehead as Andrea's 'no' startled her.
"Ricardo is a cute name," she continued. "So we shall call him Ricardo."
"Sorry," said Skye. "I was just trying to be casual."
"You can call me Ricky," Ricardo answered for himself. "But I do prefer Ricardo."
"See?" said Andrea. "And Ricardo you shall be called."
"I love it when you talk all fancy."
"I talk like that for you, baby."
Madeline tried to hold in her laughter by covering her mouth.
"Oh, Ricardo and I should go on a double date with you and your boyfriend, Madeline," recommended Andrea.
Madeline put on a serious face. "I don't have a boyfriend."
"Oh, then you should get one."
Madeline made a face towards Andrea but she ignored it.
"I have a friend that I can set you up on a date with," Ricardo recommended. "He's good-looking, kind but he used to have a bit of a drug problem."
Madeline scrunched her eyebrows. "Why would I go out a guy with a drug problem?" she chuckled lightly.
"Used to. He used to have a drug problem."
"Uh, I think I'll pass."
"Maddie, be nice!" Andrea said through her teeth.
Madeline stared at Andrea as if she was a crazy person.
"Well, I enjoyed talking to you guys," said Ricardo, "but I got to go. Using the bathroom for more than fifteen minutes might cause suspicion." He faced Andrea. "So I will see you later."
"Dame un beso," Andrea uttered.
"Por supuesto, cariƱo."
Ricardo planted a kiss on Andrea's lips while embracing her. The girls stared but not in a surprising way since the two are a couple.
"Bye," she pulled away.
"Bye," he said back. He slowly pulled away from the embrace and walked out of the cafeteria.
Andrea walked around the table and sat down in her spot. "Isn't he a sweetie pie?" she asked with a smile.
"Depending on what kind of pie that would be," said Lizzie, "then yes, he is a sweetie pie."

No comments:

Post a Comment