Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Green with Envy (Chapter 5)

On a Friday, Lizzie entered the cafeteria last of her friends. She sat down next to Skye with a big smile on her face.
Madeline scrunched her eyebrows then smiled. "Why are you so happy?"
"Remember Hank?" Lizzie questioned.
"Yes, from you talking about him fifty times," Andrea replied.
"I talked about him that many times?"
"Why are you happy?" Madeline asked again.
"Well, me and Hank... are a couple again!"
"Wow!" Debra's eyes widened. "Congratulations, Lizzie!"
"Thank you, thank you."
"You took him back?" asked Madeline.
"More like he took me back."
"Well, either way, we're happy for you," said Skye.
"Thank you, Skye."
"How did it all start?" asked Madeline. "Like how did it go?"
"Well, since Amber was being the wicked witch of Oz, I thought I would steal Hank away. But I realized it was a stupid idea because it's not nice to steal and I ended up with grass shake in my hair. But it all ended well because he kissed me."
"I'm sorry; can you say that again?" asked Andrea.
"Either way, I liked him and he still liked me so we're together now."
"That's good for you, Liz'," stated Madeline. "Maybe one day, we can all learn from you and get back the ones that got away."
"Ha, I don't need to get back the one that got away," said Andrea. "I bet Kevin is having fun dating himself."
"Wait, you can date yourself?" asked Lizzie.
As Madeline spoke, Hank entered the cafeteria, quickly gazing upon Lizzie. He walked around her table from behind the bench she was sitting on and covered her eyes once he reached her.
"Guess who," he said.
"Mister Garrison?" guessed Lizzie.
"No."
"Why would Mister Garrison cover your eyes and say, 'Guess who?'," asked Skye.
"Makes you wonder, doesn't it?" inquired Andrea.
"Guess again," said Hank.
"Is it Debra?" asked Lizzie.
Debra scrunched her forehead.
"No, it's me," Hank uncovered Lizzie's eyes.
Lizzie gaped. "Oh, Hanky-Panky!" She squeezed him dearly.
"Hanky-Panky?" Andrea repeated.
"Oh, sit down, sit down!"
Skye scooted to the right so Hank could sit in the space.
"What are you doing here?"
"I am officially going to school here now," answered Hank.
"Oh, that's terrific sauce!"
"Terrific sauce?" Andrea repeated as well.
"I get to be with you every day." Lizzie hugged Hank again.
"And us," added Madeline.
"And them! You're going to love my friends."
"You better love us," said Andrea. "If you don't, just so you know, we have tasers."
"Andrea."
"I'm kidding; I have a taser."
"If you do, I would like to see that," said Skye.
"I love them already," said Hank.
Lizzie squealed and hugged him once more.
"This is so cool," admitted Madeline. "We don't often have boyfriends sit with us. And since you two care a great deal for each other, it is finally nice to meet someone who can handle love."
Lizzie started singing to Hank: "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family."
"Your girlfriend likes Barney, too," said Andrea. "Can you handle that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment