Saturday, November 8, 2014

Green with Envy (Chapter 2)

Until Monday came, the girls met up for lunch at the school cafeteria. There, Lizzie began to speak about her encounter with her ex-boyfriend, Hank, and its details of awkwardness.
"I ran into my ex, Hank," she spit out.
"Ooh, did you two reunite?" asked Andrea.
"No. It was totally awkward."
"How awkward?" asked Madeline.
"So awkward. He could barely talk to me nor look at me."
"It's true," said Debra. "He was really quiet to her while he was loud and about to the other customers."
"Wow, it sounds like you really broke his heart," said Andrea.
"Yeah, I feel so bad," sighed Lizzie.
"Do you still like him?" Madeline asked.
"Meh."
"What does 'meh' mean?" asked Skye.
"'Meh' means yes." Lizzie laid her face down on the table.
"Then why did you break up with him in the first place?" asked Madeline.
"I thought he was a loser!" She lift her head back up. "At my age, you got teased for dating losers. So I broke up with me to date winners. But I missed him, like really, really missed him. And then he moved and I thought I was home free. But no! I'm still stuck on first base."
"Was that a baseball analogy?" asked Andrea.
"Why is he back?" Madeline asked.
"I don't know," answered Lizzie. "I didn't ask him. I was too reserved to talk to him."
"Well, if he's back, he might start going here," said Skye.
"No! The tension will be worse."
"Then you're screwed like a nut, Lizzie," said Andrea.
"And I didn't even wear a good outfit. I wore a frumpy outfit just like how I dress around my parents."
"Ooh, that's not good," said Madeline.
"I know."
"But if you did wear a good outfit, he still wouldn't be able to talk to you."
"Yeah, you know how guys are," nodded Andrea.
"Lizzie, if you want things to be less weird," started Skye, "you two need closure. You two should at least be friends for things to be good again in case he's coming to Laguna High."
Lizzie sighed. "You're right, Skye. I just don't want him to reject me because I broke his heart, stomped on it and poured nail polish remover all over it."
"It's better to take risks than to not take them."
"Depends on the risk," said Andrea. "I mean you wouldn't stick your head in a tiger cage, now wouldn't you?"
"No, but Hank is not a tiger."
"So what would happen if I stuck my head in his cage then?" asked Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment