Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Is This the End? (Part Two) (Chapter 5)

Couple of days later, over the weekend, there was a big bash over at Lizzie's fellow cheerleader, Celeste's, house. The Cow Belles were the first ones to be invited and since Pamela was the head cheerleader, she let the girls know that they were definitely coming to the party. But the Cow Belles didn't know that Celeste invited Lizzie, who was thinking about going. When she decided to actually go, she brought her friends.
It was an hour in and Celeste's expensive home was already getting trashed with spilled beer, knocked-over food and traces of saliva. Everybody did their own thing, especially Madeline who brought along her boyfriend, Homer. As she chatted with him, her two best friends decided to talk to him as well.
"Do you like the sweater Louise got you?" asked Pamela.
"We helped her pick it out," added Mauricia.
Homer tugged his small, tight, green-and-blue striped sweater from the bottom to get comfortable in it. "Um, yeah," he said. "It's-- It's nice. It's really-- I appreciate it."
"You're so lucky," said Pamela.
"Yeah, Louise is really pretty," smiled Mauricia.
"Thanks, guys," Madeline grinned.
"But you're prettier," Pamela admitted to Homer.
"Way prettier," Mauricia agreed.
"You're so hot."
"Hot like a sock cooking in a pot at a foxtrot."
"Ooh! Good word play."
"Thanks, sister."
Homer chuckled. "Thank you."
"I got to pee," confessed Pamela. "Mauricia, do you got to pee?"
"Oh, yeah, I have got to pee," replied Mauricia. "Louise, do you got to pee?"
"Uh, no, I'm fine," Madeline responded.
"Okay, weirdo," Pamela giggled. "Come on, Mauricia. Let's find a toilet."
"I hope it's a clean toilet," said Mauricia.
The two walked together, arm in arm, out of the crowd to search the home for a bathroom. Madeline watched the girls leave until they vanished. She then turned her attention to her boyfriend.
"You do know this shirt doesn't fit me, right?" Homer questioned.
"Yeah, I kinda noticed," Madeline replied.
"Then why did you buy me this if you knew it wasn't my size?"
"Because it was the only shirt in the store that looked like that."
"But I don't care what kind of shirt you get me... unless it's pink with rainbows and monkeys. And I don't get it; why are they calling you 'Louise'?"
"It's a long story."
"Well, whatever the story is, I don't think you should be friends with them."
Madeline scoffed. "Why not?"
"Because they're forcing you into situations you want no part of. Wouldn't you rather be friends with someone who accepts your values?"
"I-- Yes, I would."
"I think you should make up with your old friends."
"I do miss them."
"Then tell them that. Speak to them. They're right over there."
Madeline turned her head and noticed her old friends hanging with each other yards away from her. They appeared to have moved to that spot while she was talking to Homer. Madeline looked at her boyfriend who raised his eyebrows at her. She sighed then made her way to the girls. The girls turned their attention towards her when one of them took a glimpse of Madeline coming their way.
"Hey, girls," smiled Madeline politely.
"Well, well, well," started Andrea. "If isn't the girl who called me fat and a T.H.O.H."
"We don't want any trouble, princess," said Skye.
"I'm not looking for trouble," said Madeline. "Listen, guys, I know I've said some harsh things to you. I just wanted to apologize. Andrea, I'm sorry for calling you overweight and a T.H.O.H.-- That Ho Over Here. Debra, I'm sorry for basically calling you a pothead. Skye, I would like to apologize for calling you a stripper. You're going to be successful one day; possibly, more successful than me. But whatever happens, I'll be proud of you. And Lizzie, I apologize for standing you up. This friendship means the world to me and the least I could've done was to be there for you. I apologize to all of you. You don't deserve a bratty friend like me. And if you can't accept my apology, I understand."
"What did I say, girl?" asked Andrea. "We're friends--"
"Forever and always."
"Exactly. Look, I must admit: I was packing on a little something. I was on a Cheeto spree not too long ago. I was bloating like a fish so you were right to call me out on my weight gain."
"No, I was just being mean. But hey, guys love thick girls and guys love you."
"And don't you forget about it, chica."
Madeline giggled.
"I accept your apology," granted Debra.
"Yeah, I guess I accept your apology, too, you slut," Skye joked.
Madeline laughed then looked at Lizzie. "Lizzie... how do you feel?"
Lizzie just stood there. Her eyes then filled with tears. And impulsively, Lizzie ran up to Madeline and gave her a big hug. She cried into her shoulder as Madeline hugged her back, swaying themselves side to side.
The girls were so heartfelt that they joined in. They held onto each other for what felt like forever. When the girls let go, Madeline said:
"And I promise that I won't be catty... sometimes."
"That's my girl," smiled Skye.
The girls did a group hug once more. While they embraced each other, the Cow Belles came out into the living room and witnessed the action.
"Louise, what are you doing?" Pamela questioned sternly.
The girls released each other and looked at the duo.
"You do not hug them," reminded Mauricia.
"Those basic girls," added Pamela.
"Those basic knuckleheads."
"Who's Louise?" asked Lizzie.
"Hey, they are not basic knuckleheads," stated Madeline. "They're my friends."
"Oh, is that right?" inquired Pamela, crossing her arms. "You're just gonna go back to them after everything we've done for you?"
"What have you done for me besides buy me clothes?"
"Uh, lots of things."
"Lots and lots of things," Mauricia added.
"You can't betray us. We're yum; they're um."
"What does 'um' mean?" asked Debra.
"It means, Santigold, that you guys have no definition. We have a definition."
"Is that definition, 'a bunch of stupid girls who belong in melodramas'?" queried Skye.
"Uh, no!" responded Mauricia.
"You're not gonna desert us, Louise," ordered Pamela. "We brought you here so you're leaving with us."
Pamela reached for Madeline's wrist and grabbed while her and Mauricia walk around the girls. Andrea grabbed Pamela's wrist and pulled her hand off of Madeline's wrist.
"Don't be touchin' on our friend," demanded Andrea.
She stuck each of her hands on each of the Cow Belles' faces and pushed them backwards. Andrea was so strong that the girls backed up and twisted around, going heads first into a box of large pizza that was sitting on the table behind them. Andrea and her friends stared wide-eyed at the Cow Belles, who seemed to be drowning in the pizza covered in multiple toppings.
The Cow Belles lifted themselves up slowly. When they regained their balance, they turned around and revealed their faces which were covered in tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni slices and diced green peppers. The girls couldn't help but laugh at the duo.
"We should call them 'the Pizza Belles' from now on," recommended Skye.
The Cow Belles balled their hands up into fists and freaked out. They stomped past the witnessing teenagers who made space for them to avoid getting pizza residue on themselves.
After the duo left, Madeline's flimsy friend and journalist, Calvin, appeared before the girls' eyes.
"Hello, Madeline," he nicely greeted. "And Madeline's friends. I couldn't help but notice that you five made up and are now friends again."
"Were you eavesdropping?" asked Skye.
Calvin laughed. "Yes. Anyway, I'm working on a story in the newspaper on strong friendships. May I interview you all?"
The girls consented.
"Great. Before I do that, I got to get a picture of you all." Calvin pulled out his touch screen cell phone from his jeans' pocket and turned it on.
"How's my hair?" asked Andrea, combing her fingers through her curly hair.
"Flawless as always," responded Madeline.
"Ooh, girl, you flatter me."
Calvin held up his phone to get a good angle of the five. They posed in their own ways, looking towards the camera lens on the phone. After they smiled, Calvin snapped a picture of the five. He took the perfect photo of their perfect friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment