Sunday, May 15, 2016

Is This the End? (Chapter 4)

The next day, the girls spent time with each other after school over Lizzie's house. Lizzie changed her clothes in her car before heading home. Skye rode with Madeline and Debra rode with Andrea in their cars, heading Lizzie's way. They chilled in her bedroom and helped each other with their homework. When they were done, they dove into conversation.
"Do you know any colors that go well with beige?" asked Lizzie.
"Hmm, beige?" guessed Skye, jokingly.
Madeline giggled. "Lizzie, whatever you do, don't go monochromatic. That's something I need to tell you."
"And you don't need to tell somebody else something as well?" questioned Debra.
Madeline scrunched her forehead. "No. Debra, I'm feeling a little cold shoulder from you. What's going on?"
"Nothing, my shoulder is quite warm actually."
"Then what is your deal with the same hundred questions?"
Debra exhaled. "I just feel that Andrea needs to know what you said."
"What did she say?" asked Andrea.
"Nothing good."
"Oh, you tattletale," Madeline hissed.
"I'm not tattling. But do you want to tell Andrea what you said to us last Friday?"
"Uh, I don't remember what I said."
"Andrea, last Friday, Madeline said that she was very disappointed in you for not showing up to our movie night and that you were gaining some weight. But to be fair, Madeline was on her period."
"You said what?" Andrea hissed at Madeline.
"Repeat. Period."
"I was upset," explained Madeline. "So I said some things I didn't mean. I'm sorry."
"She's sorry. So can we bury this hatchet?"
"How can I bury the hatchet when Madeline called me fat?" queried Andrea.
"Andrea, can you honestly say that you're losing weight?" asked Madeline with a chuckle.
Andrea glared at Madeline then got off the bed, standing up. "You take that back."
Madeline stood up as well, facing the Latina. "Why? It's true. Like you don't obviously see that you're gaining some pounds?"
"No because I'm not gaining some pounds. Sure I'm getting taller and my butt's getting bigger, but I wouldn't call it 'gaining weight'."
"Honey, please, you know it's more than that."
"You heifer!"
"Who are you calling a heifer? I exercise."
"More like starve yourself, Miss I'm-On-a-Diet."
"Excuse me for eating healthy."
"No, excuse you for eating nothing."
"Don't insult me!"
"Madeline, you shouldn't get mad at Andrea for getting mad," said Debra, walking next to Andrea. "She has every right to be angry. You did and just called her fat."
"Why are you defending her? You haven't heard the things she said about you?"
"No, what did she say?"
"She told me that you seemed more relaxed than usual. It's probably because you're hitting the sticky-icky-icky."
Debra glared at Andrea, who looked away. "The sticky-icky-icky? You know I'm not on drugs."
"I know, Debbie," said Andrea. "You just... You just look high."
"Oh, I defend you and you call me a pothead."
"Can you honestly say that you never once hit it?"
"Oh, my goodness."
"Madeline, don't do that," said Skye.
"Do what?" Madeline questioned.
"Sell Andrea out to Debra so she shouldn't yell at you anymore."
"Sorry, okay? But it's not all my fault. I said I was mad."
"Yeah but you were mad because you couldn't watch that dumb movie about the princess or whatever she was."
"Hey, that is a good movie!"
"I don't care. Are you really going to act as much of a brat now as you were freakin' three days ago? I mean you are such a brat. You're a snooty little daddy's girl."
"At least I have a dad."
Skye paused. "Are you really going there?"
"Honey, I've gone there."
"Madeline, I was telling it like it is."
"And I'm telling it like it is. Okay? You're just jealous."
"Jealous? Jealous of what?"
"Jealous of me. I'm going to grow up rich and successful and you're gonna become a stripper or something and you're jealous."
"Why would I become a stripper? Because I don't have a dad? News flash, Madeline: I don't need a dad to have a real career."
"Yeah, I'm sure."
"You're a freakin' hypocrite. You have a dad but that doesn't stop you from lifting up your skirt to all the boys at school."
"Girls, stop fighting!" demanded Lizzie. "We're friends. You can't forget that we're friends. We're like Three Amigas except there are five of us and only four of us are not Spanish. It's like the Three Mousketeers but we're--"
"Oh, shut up, you idiot," commanded Andrea.
"There you go again calling me an idiot. You said that you wouldn't call me that anymore."
"Well, a girl can lie, like Madeline."
"I am not a liar!" said Madeline.
"Yes, you are! You lied to me, saying that you had nothing to say to me."
"Well, I said it to you so why are you still angry?"
"Because you think that I'm freakin' fat and I'm not."
"Well, if the fat lady sings. In this case, if the fat lady is Mexican and Puerto Rican..."
 "You're a T.H.O.T."
 "What?"
 "That stands for 'That Ho Over There',"
 "Well, you're a T.H.O.H.: That Ho Over Here."
"You heifer. I'm gonna punch you in the face."
"Then punch me in the face. Because guess what? I'm not scared of--"
Madeline began to shriek when Andrea grabbed her by the ear and pulled on it, creating pain in her head. Andrea gave Madeline the look of an animal as she vigorously shook her head while still holding on to her ear. Debra tried her best to pull Andrea off then eventually successfully got her away. Madeline regained balance and covered her aching ear with her hand.
"Guys, don't fight," Lizzie ordered. "My family prays here."
"Well, pray this," said Andrea, "ask for new friends because I can't do this anymore. You all are crazy."
"Oh, we're crazy?" questioned Madeline. "You just assaulted my ear."
"I don't know why you're getting mad at me," said Skye. "I was trying to defend you."
"I know but they're all driving me crazy," Andrea responded.
"No but's. I actually defended you."
"Don't shout at me."
"I'm not shouting at you."
"Yes, you are."
"Now I'm shouting at you because you're accusing me of shouting at you."
"I'm not accusing you; you were shouting at me."
"Now it's real. You can't take this anymore? I can't take you anymore. I'm leaving."
"I don't care how you feel about me."
"Shut up." Skye made her way out the door.
"Bye, Skye," Madeline said in a catty way.
"Bye, you slut." Those were Skye's last words as she left the room and eventually leaving the house.
"If she's leaving, then I'm leaving," said Andrea. "I just can't stay here anymore."
"Why?" asked Madeline. "Because you can't handle the truth?"
"Girl, I will take your other ear out. Don't test me."
"Let her leave," said Debra. "They say if you want to live a good life, you need to rid the negative energy anyway."
"Nobody cares, Debra. Like nobody." Andrea started to walk out of the room.
"Hey, I care and that what's important to me because you were never the right friend for me anyway so goodbye."
"Come on, you guys," begged Lizzie. "Andrea, come back here and stop being a bully!"
"Well, you're a virgin who can't drive," Andrea yelled back from the hallway before leaving for real.
"You know what? I'm gonna go." Debra picked up her fringe backpack from the bed. "I need some air to breathe." Debra made her exit out of the bedroom.
"There's plenty of air here. Madeline?"
Madeline sighed, still covering her ear. "I'm sorry, Lizzie. I'm just sorry."
Madeline was the last to leave the room then out of the house.
Lizzie sat down on her bed, staring at the open door. "Wow. And I thought Bad Movie Friday was bad... sort of."

No comments:

Post a Comment